Hello from Northern California

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by barefootfarmer, Mar 13, 2005.

1. barefootfarmer

barefootfarmer Member

Good Day everybody. Glad to be here on this site. I am a 46 year old single female living on 5 acres in the forest. I love growing things and have a small farm and sell vegetables , herbs, edible flowers on the side. Also doing a remodel. Love animals, have cats, dogs, horses.

2. jillianjiggs

jillianjiggs Well-Known Member

Welcome! Haven't you been loving the weather this past week?

3. bearkiller

bearkiller Well-Known Member

Well Miss Barefoot,

Always glad to hear from another California homesteader. Welcome! I'm in Trinity County in a very small community. Like you, I love to "play in the dirt" and grow as much as I can for our needs. I tend to share with friends and neighbors around me, but have not been selling anything. Thoroughly enjoy raising pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, and ducks. Plus forage a lot for fish and game.

I'm also a licensed building contractor and have a lot of information on "alternative" construction. And I've built four homesteads over my life so have seen much and done much.

Again, welcome, and if you have questions there are many here willing to help.

Just out of pure cussed curiosity, where are you located...there are lots of woods here?

bearkiller

4. lacyj

lacyj Well-Known Member

Hi, from the Mother Lode of CA...