Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I'm Gayle from northeastern Utah. My husband & I have 5 children, 3 boys & 2 girls, who attend public school. Dh is trucking supervisor for a local company, and I'm a Substitute Teacher in Secondary schools.

We aren't homesteaders though dh wishes we lived in the wilds of Montana or Texas; alas we aren't to that point yet. However, I grow a good-size veggie garden most years (not this year as I'd dislocated my shoulder in mid-April and I wasn't completely healed by planting time), cook & bake from scratch (first because that's all I knew, then because of dh's food allergies & my gluten-free needs due to Celiac disease), I can fresh veggies & fruit, I sew clothes & make quilts, knit, crochet, and my newest joy is spinning by drop spindle. This fall, I'm hoping to learn how to can meat, and dry beans.

I enjoy using my talents for my family, and to help others. I also enjoy reading about homesteading, and recycling/upcycling -- it's actually rather fun! :)

·
Saltine American
6,606 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I wish you well here. And welcome.
I see that we are finally going to get some moisture next week. We've been pretty dry all summer. Have you been effected by any of the wild fires?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts