Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lurking for awhile and just loving this forum! I've always lived here on this land in the Appalachians. Where I live has been in the family since the 1850s and I grew up helping great granny raise a huge garden, cows, chickens, fruit trees. She taught me a lot about all things country, and left me land in her will with a barn and creek. Anyone who is nearby in Carter County feel free to holler.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I may not be nearby but feel free to share some of great granny's talents with the rest of us. You can never learn too much too soon...lol.

Welcome!

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Been lurking for awhile and just loving this forum! I've always lived here on this land in the Appalachians. Where I live has been in the family since the 1850s and I grew up helping great granny raise a huge garden, cows, chickens, fruit trees. She taught me a lot about all things country, and left me land in her will with a barn and creek. Anyone who is nearby in Carter County feel free to holler.
You live in a holler and want people to holler, now that's Carter County.
I'm North of you a few miles over the Virginy line now. Lived/worked in your area for years. Washington Co. Worked on the Nolichuckey for years as a raft guide.

Beautiful country around you.....

Nice to meet you.

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
hey good neighbor ; i'm in a holler also in Russell county va, but our tv news n weather comes from bristle .

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Used to go up to Bristol VA to go shopping and fool around on occasion. I very much like that town. Nice to meet you!

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
the applachian farmers market assochiation has a seed saers exchange and conference in Bristol every spring

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll have to check that out. Another thing I've been meaning to go to is the big fair they have over there in I believe it's Abingdon or maybe Lebanon. Sounds much nicer than our Appalachian fair in Gray, which I just got home from last night. Its fun, but pretty well always the same stuff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts