Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my account approved so I thought I'd say Hi and introduce myself. I found this site last night whilst trying to research Dexters. I read threads from people who obviously know about them and care for their herds so I wanted to be able to converse with them. The more I read, the more I realized how little I know about cattle so I want to learn more before I get one.

Anyhow, my wife and I bought 6 acres about a year ago. It has about a 1 1/2 acre pond right in the middle of it. The place already looks like a petting zoo with 2 miniature donkeys, 1 miniature horse, 8 Nigerian Dwarf goats along with the feathered creatures; turkeys, chickens, ducks, geese and guineas of which there is a total of about 120 birds. We don't have a house on the place but we hope to some day if the market will return so we can sell our house. We live about a mile away so I don't guess we're really homesteading yet. It's more of a hobby farm. I have chosen the animals I have to be very friendly and affectionate. Any child can walk in and be safe.

I chose my title because I am only a novice at the farming thing. So I hope to learn from you folks and make my place better.

·
Saltine American
6,608 Posts
Welcome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts