Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stumbled onto this forum while searching online for acreage in the Missouri Ozarks. I live in the St. Louis metro area, but I have been feeling the urge to move out of the suburbs for several years now.

Currently, I am interested in a property that I can afford, but it has no buildings on it. Supposedly it has water on the site, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I want to sell my home and live debt-free. Unfortunately, that means dragging my teenagers out to the boonies and living in an RV on the property for a couple of years until I can develop the water source and build a home. Please tell me that broadband Internet access is available in the Ozarks!

I'm still a long way from purchasing the land, but it WILL happen. I welcome any advice that you experienced homesteaders can give. I also welcome input from new homesteaders! And if you live in Missouri, I'd appreciate any leads you may have on acreage for sale (5+ acres with no zoning restrictions).

Who knows? Maybe, one day, *I* will be able to offer advice to a new homesteader!

Jujube

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome....From Wisconsin.

·
Joie de vivre!
2,847 Posts
Welcome to here! If your teens are the outdoorsy or homesteading type, it might work! If not, then maybe with a bit of creative fun on your part, they can slowly learn to love it as much as we do! Maybe you could re-post part of your introduction in the second from the top forum (Homesteading Families). I suspect that you will get a lot of interesting and helpful responses.

Looking forward to reading about your adventures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts