Hello Everyone I'm New Here

Discussion in 'Goats' started by AllWolf, Dec 31, 2005.

1. AllWolf

AllWolf We love all our animals

Hello everyone I'm new here and I have goats as pets and for clearing off land. I haven't been into goats to long this is my first year and I still have lots to learn. I sure hope everyone is having a good weekend also. I also have other pets but my goats are my pride and joy now. I'm also getting more goats to add to my herd soon. :)

I already have a baby mixed boer waiting to come home soon. I'm hopeing to get the baby the 2nd week of the new year.

2. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

Welcome to this forum and to the world of goats. I, too am an animal lover and adore my goaties.

3. crazygoatgirl

crazygoatgirl Well-Known Member

:clap: :goodjob: Welcome Allwolf,
    I am glad you finally got it all worked out! I know you from the forum next door!! :D

4. SherrieC

SherrieC Well-Known Member

Hi allwolf!! See they let you play too :rock: what a cute pup in your avatar. I had a 10 week old beagle pup visit me two days ago (he was so cute) and asked my 4 yr old daughter if she'd ever seen anything as cute as that puppy, and she said yah a baby goat.

5. AllWolf

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomeing. I'm sure glad to finally have got in. This looks like a really nice forum and a very nice home for me to be able to read, learn and maybe help some if I know the answers. ;) I enjoy my goats and all my other pets I have but most of all I love my goats. They keep me lots of company and is great when I feel blue.

Again thanks for the warm welcome. :dance:

6. KimM

KimM Student of goatology.

Hello from Ohio! I'm just getting started with goats too, just experienced my first kidding Friday morning, they are out of a Nubian doe and a Boer/Spanish buck.
    Welcome to the forum! :clap:

7. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

My name is Rachel. I have two Goats currently. Kit and Trixie. They are siblings and will be two years old in March. Kit is a Wether and Trixie is a Doe. They are Saanen Alpine crosses. They look like purebred Alpine's however.

I hope to Increase my herd by four this summer. If allowed to get all four I will have: Two young Pygmy Wethers (around four months of age). A Oberhasli Doe in Milk production. And a Oberhasli Buckling which will later be my herd Buck.

8. AllWolf

Thanks Rachel K and KimM for the warm welcomeing.

I just started out in 2005 with goats and poor did I have alot to learn. I first started out with 3 and then got more. I did loose a few due to things but hopeful now things will be better. I now have 8 goats and they are of different breeds. I will soon have a new member of the herd but she still a baby she is only right now 2 weeks old. I'm waiting for her to get a little older before bringing home. Goats are great to have and fun. I wish you and everyone else great luck this year on having baby goats and hope all is healthy.

I thought at first only have 4 goats but when got them I got bitten by the goat bug and had to add more. :dance:

9. goatkid

goatkid Well-Known Member Supporter

I can relate. I had planned on having two and now have 25.

10. dudechance

dudechance Member

welcome, aren't goats the coolest?! out cattle make us $$,
    our horses are our babes, but our goats our kids...think all
    goat people understand what i am saying.

11. AllWolf

dudechance

Oh yes I agree about the goats. My goats are my kids but i have one human kid and she loves our goats too. At first when I was going to get some goats I didn't think I would fall in love with them like I have. I started out with only 3 now I have 8 and more on the way.. :sing:

12. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

Considering I am getting four more... yes... I would say that I have fallen for Goats as well. lol

13. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

WELCOME to the forum! Sorry i didn't say it sooner but I have been taking a break form the computer, aka spending a LOT of time enjoying my break, aka sleeping a lot. We have 24 goats now, let's see we have 6 bred female fullblood boers ( Queenie, Mitzi, Lisa, Patches, CeeCee, and Gabby), we have 3 fullblood boer doelings ( Jewel, DeeDee, and Dutchess), 1 fullblood boer buck ( Yohaan), 2 fullblood boer bucklings ( Frankie [who might be staying as a future herd sire], and Jasper), 1 94% boer doeling that will be sold ( Princess), 1 94% boer buckling that will be sold (Paco), then our mutt girls Toria, Lola, Tina, Twilght, Cream, Peach, and Ivy ( different ages i just got sick of listing them), and then we have our mutt bucks Gus and Lucky, and then my wether to be Zeke! Those aren't hte only animals we have though, just hte goats.