Heifer's Teats Filling Up

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Sprout, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Sprout

Sprout Well-Known Member

The Sunny Okie transplant ground of Californie
    Went out and checked on our 2.5yr old angus heifer at lunch. She's been gettin' loose for a few weeks and her udder has been filling up but not as big as I should like it. Her back two quarters are moderatly sized but her front two are barley developed, just little tight tents above her udders. I would imagine she'll swell up when she gets that calf on her. Well, been checking to see if her teats are full and this noon they were, not bulging but definatly had something in them even accidentaly got a little milk out. They were empty yesterday. I figure she should calve soon. Does anyone else have some clues the use to determine when they'll drop?

2. Up North

Up North KS dairy farmers

Wir haben ein Deutscher, nein? Sehr Gut. ....A heifer's udder should fillout as needed. When she starts dripping milk, circling, stomping down a bed or going off from herd to seek privacy, she is very close to calving. Guten Tag.

3. Sprout

Sprout Well-Known Member

Well I don't speak much German but I am learning, or trying too. One of my freinds gave me that quote. They all call me the dragon so they thought it'd be funny.

She hasn't started acting crazy yet. But she is kinda' off and I expect her to show little sings of the baby coming in her attitude. But I am looking for any little changes. Thanks for the tips will definatly look for dripping milk.

4. Up North

Here lies the Dragon....

...Step by Step with Caution...... a rough translation?

5. Sprout

Sprout Well-Known Member

Yes it is a very poorly put together sentance but it is supposed to mean

Here lies the dragon

step with care.

Well she lost her mucous plug last night so know were just waiting for the baby.

6. Up North

....just waiting for the baby.
    ...........Wie eine Motte unter die Lichte!.......bis morgen denn.