Heifer looks like she has an monkey face on her behind

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by vtfarma, May 9, 2004.

1. vtfarma

vtfarma Well-Known Member

We have a Momma who is due to deliver any day. This will be her second calf. She has jutted out so far at this point that it is unbelievable. Our other second calf heifers have not jutted that far. It jiggles and bounces. She is not off feed, her energy is up. She is not stringing yet. Any thought? I was worried that there may be some problem. (I do tend to worry about the Mommas a lot. We love to go through the birthing process in the spring but this one is making me nervous.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

2. Jena

Jena Well-Known Member

As my vet would say..."She just has a floppy...um...kitty cat?" You get the drift.

If you are really concerned you can get her in and stick your hand in there to see if there's any feet or other body parts that have been stuck for some reason. You would not have to go far to feel if there was a calf stuck. It doesn't sound like it to me though. She's just getting ready.

Jena

3. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

Some cows swell up really big, and it makes you wonder when is she ever havin her calf. Never had any problems connected to this trait. When the large leaders that go from her tail head over to her hips dilate (Disapear) the delivery time is within a few hours.