Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the heat tape that is on the exposed water pipe under my mobile home. I see a few choices at the hardware store, so I'd appreciate your advise on why one type is better than another. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
:) No expert here HD, I don't use real heat tape, just insulation wrapped around and around the pipes and then covered with duck tape. I know your winters are much colder where you are though so don't know if just insulation would do it for you? The only trouble I have is if we have a rare really COLD spell and it gets down towards the teens..then it's the pipes in the wall that go from under the trailer, up through the wall to the washer. For that little problem I put a small space heater under the dog tub shelf and put it on low and face it towareds the wall where the pipes come up.

Good luck with things... LQ

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
HilltopDaisy said:
I need to replace the heat tape that is on the exposed water pipe under my mobile home. I see a few choices at the hardware store, so I'd appreciate your advise on why one type is better than another. Thanks.
i think iff you go with a cheap one youll be ok but i would rap armorflex around it its a foan insulation about half inch thick with a slit down it comes in differant sizes with that you can waite longer in the season to turn it on

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
mtman said:
i think iff you go with a cheap one youll be ok but i would rap armorflex around it its a foan insulation about half inch thick with a slit down it comes in differant sizes with that you can waite longer in the season to turn it on
o heat tape goes on first

1 - 5 of 5 Posts