Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was forwarded to me!

PLEASE READ IT & FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS!

I checked with Norton Antivirus and they are gearing
up for this virus. I checked snopes.com and this is
for real.

Get this sent around to your contacts ASAP...we don't
need this spreading around.

READ AS SOON AS POSSIBLE PLEASE FORWARD THIS WARNING
AMONG FRIENDS, FAMILY AND CONTACTS:

You should be alert during the next days: Do not open
any message with an attached filed called "Invitation"
regardless of who sent it. It is a virus that opens an
Olympic Torch which "burns" the whole hard disc C of
your computer.. This virus will be received from
someone who has your e-mail address in his/her
Contact list, that is why you should send this e-mail
to all your contacts. It is better to receive this
message 25 times than to receive the virus and open
it.

If you receive a mail called "invitation", though sent
by a friend, do Not open it and shut down your
computer immediately.
This is the worst Virus announced by CNN: it has been
classified by
Microsoft as the most destructive Virus ever. This
virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday, and there is
no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus
simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc,
where the vital information is kept.

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Tub-thumper
1,588 Posts
Subject: Virus alert

Warning: If you receive an email entitled "Badtimes," delete it immediately. Do not open it. Apparently this one is pretty nasty.

It will not only erase everything on your hard drive, but it will also delete anything on disks within 20 feet of your computer. It demagnetizes the stripes on ALL of your credit cards. It reprograms your ATM access code, screws up the tracking on your VCR and uses subspace field harmonics to scratch any CD's you attempt to play. It will program your phone auto dial to call only 900 numbers.

This virus will mix antifreeze into your fish tank. It will drink ALL your beer.

FOR GOD'S SAKE, ARE YOU LISTENING? ! ! ! !

It will leave dirty underwear on the coffee table when you are expecting company. It will replace your shampoo with Nair and your Nair with Rogaine, all the while dating your current boy/girlfriend behind your back and billing their hotel rendezvous to your Visa card. It will cause you to run with scissors and throw things in a way that is only fun until someone loses an eye. It will rewrite your backup files, changing all your active verbs to passive tense and incorporating undetectable misspellings, which grossly change the interpretations of key sentences. If the "Badtimes" message is opened in a Windows environment, it will leave the toilet seat up and leave your hair dryer plugged in dangerously close to a full bathtub. It will not only remove the forbidden tags from your mattresses and pillows, it will also refill your skim milk with whole milk.

**WARN AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN** And if you don't send this to 5000 people in 20 seconds you'll fart so hard that your right leg will spasm and shoot straight out in front of you, sending sparks that will ignite the person nearest you.

Send this to everyone. :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
Too late! I recieved an Invitation email and opened it. It was a dedication reminder for a habitat for humanity house that I had been working on.

·
Debbie
263 Posts
big rockpile said:
:shrug: Yes I just seen that I need to double triple check this stuff.I thought it sounded familar.Sorry!

big rockpile
It is not altogether false! I checked it too and it said that it wasn't totally false. I have received several email with the "invintation" attachment with it and I spamed it! If you would like the link on Snopes I'd be glad to provide it?

The ones I received were not from anyone I knew!

I just went back and looked it up, it said it was real but out dated. It was the one that said Osama hanged or Osama Bin laden Captured, with the "invintation" attachment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts