Heads On

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, Dec 30, 2004.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Do you Guys leave your heads on your Squirrels,Possums,and Coons.

My Ex Wife always said it looked like her meal was smilling at her. :haha:

big rockpile

2. insanity

insanity Well-Known Member

Smiling at her. :haha:
    Nope no heads on my meals either please.Kinda reminds me of what they used to be before they where supper. :D

3. moonwolf

moonwolf Well-Known Member

Roast suckling pig has the head on. I'll find that to be acceptable, as well as fried rainbow trout with head on. That's about it.

4. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

Nope, no heads. Don't want nothing looking at me when I'm fixing to bite into it. Sent some fish back to the kitchen at a cafe one time to have them take the head off. Told'em I wanted them to finish cleaning it before they brought it back to me.
    Guess I kindof got that from my Daddy. He wouldn't eat Jello because he said that he wouldn't eat nothing that was still a'moving. Now this was the same man that would eat fried calf brains...
    mamabear

5. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Yelp!! Take time skin those Heads out real nice,pop the Eye Balls out.Cook them up whack the skull scoop the Brain on out. :p Different!!

big rockpile

6. Dreams30

Dreams30 Lady Rider

Oh goodness, that reminds me of what happened when my oldest son was 3 or 4.
    We went out to eat at red lobster (no sense in those days) and they brought the lobster out to the table. DS looked horrified and screamed, "Daddy, don't eat that bug!!!" The whole place heard him. It took some calming down and then the delima of explaining that "some bugs" are ok....LOL

7. jejabean

jejabean Well-Known Member

They ARE cousins to cockroaches...I won't eat lobster. The rest of that stuff...heck no! I don't want anything like 'coon''or possum...my dad always said possums were grave robbers...no thanks!

8. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

Headless please. Sorry I don't want my dinner looking back at me either lol.

9. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

The only thing I'll leave the head on is a pig, then I have to pop the eyeballs out before cooking or they will explode. :haha: :haha:

10. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Large fish have a lot of sweet flesh on the head. When I worked in Asia I ate a lot of fish heads. Mind you, I did not consume the eyeballs but the locals thought they were a treat. Anyplace that the food budget makes up a large part of the families expenditures, the inhabitants find a way to make anything that is edible edible. We have come to criticize others for their food but we in this county are not in their position. Most people here will turn their nose up at beef tongue yet do not hesitate to consume as egg. One food from the mouth and the orther from you know where. Food is food! What makes a part from an animal good and another part from the same animal unsatisfactory? I will answer that...a stomach that is not empty!

11. LWB

LWB Well-Known Member

I only eat squirrel heads. I was brought up to eat them. I thought everybody did until I was grown.