Heading to MO to pick up my new solar panels

Discussion in 'Alternative Energy' started by ericjeeper, Jun 2, 2006.

1. ericjeeper

ericjeeper Well-Known Member

next week I am heading to Springfield Missouri to pick up four solar panels.. long drive but I got an excellent price.
    I am contemplating not installing them right now due to high copper prices.. But we will see once I get them home and see if I am a wee bit more excited then..

2. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

i doubt that copper or any precious metals come down in price for a good long time. the scrap market is booming and i still hear that the chinese are buying everything. their economy is taking off big time and resources like this will be needed for quite some time. couple that with the current price of oil and i think it means inflation is on the way across the board.

bite the bullet and install them. if the prices stay the same, you will be saving money in the long run by installing now.

3. Dahc

Dahc Don't Tase me, bro!?!

I second that. Things are only going to get worse over here. Do it now before you can't get the stuff you need.

4. Jim-mi

Jim-mi Well-Known Member

I third that.
    I gotta think that this insane copper market is little different than the OIL market.
    You will be long on tooth iffin you wait for the prices to come back down to........................once apon a time.

5. ericjeeper

6. ericjeeper

well I ended up buying six panels 3x14 total surface area of 39 feet each.That should heat enough water to save me oodles of greenbacks.Now to just get started on the post and framework to hold them aimed at the sun(with winter being priority)So I will be standing them more vertical then most installs.Copper is 6.27 a foot right now.. OUCH> I am going to use pex for my heat exchanging loops within the tankcoming in 1 inch pexalpex to a manifold of several half inch loops.If anyone has any inputs feel free to jump in.