Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sick. So far it's not remarkably bad- just enough to be sleepless and inactive. And bored.

But it has lead to cruising though this site looking for subjects for which I can drum up enough of an opinion to post a response. Mind you, not have good info to relate or a strongly held opinion. Anything will do.

This was made clear to me by my thinking about posting on the poultry section. I have never had a chicken, know nothing about chickens but have always found that forum interesting. Sadly riddled with tragic chicken deaths but interesting.

And scraping the bottom of the self indulgent self amusement idea barrel, I am posting this. A post about aimless posting. Sheesh- I'm even boring myself.......

The next thing you know I'll be showing and interest in celebrity divorces. It is true. Idle hands- and brains- are the devil's playground.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Too much head cold medicine often leads to 'too much posting', too!:cute:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Hope ya get feeling better soon!

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
You too? Same here; a touch of pneumonia, a new town, new residence, from a hundred yards house-to-barn down to 75 feet from pavement to back fence. Good grief, penned in a chicken coop. Reduced to emailing my kids daily. How low the mighty have fallen.

Don't worry; in a week the sniffles will be gone and you'll have more productive things to do.

Edit to add: LOL, get yourself a cast-iron chicken door stop and join the forum. I always get tickled at the amount of care those chickens get. Mine always got eaten.
Ox

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
When I have nothing to say I try to be funny, ... Now thinking about it most of my posts have some humor so that implies I really have nothing to say. I guess I'll fit nicely into this thread then. Just started a thread for you......

·
Registered
14,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good thing we have Obamacare! :)
Let's analyze that.

1) I don't qualify for obamacare, so have to pay (and have pre-paid for decades) for my health insurance.
2) obamacare limited the spending on Medicare, for which I am now forced into using, to make the money given away to people using obamacare technically 'budget neutral' while still causing the tax payer, of which I am one, to have to pay more and get less of what I actually can use, while people who have more get a free ride.

3) I wouldn't go to a doctor over a head cold even if it cost me hardly anything under obamacare if I qualified.
4) it lead to trolling posts raising the issue

So, outside of increasing stress, which might have allowed this bug to overwhelm my usually good defense, there is nothing good for me in obamacare. And even rechurning this old, beat to death, impossible to resolve debate is not interesting enough to relive my ennui.

Reactions: no really

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
"This was made clear to me by my thinking about posting on the poultry section. I have never had a chicken, know nothing about chickens but have always found that forum interesting. Sadly riddled with tragic chicken deaths but interesting."

I'm trying to visualize tragic chicken deaths. The first thing that popped to mind was the movie "Titanic" and all the chickens going down when the ship sank, cursing that they weren't born as ducks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts