Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IDK if any of you remember my dad's terrible horse accident in June 2013? We very nearly lost him but just look at him now! 63 years old, survived an open book pelvic fracture (broken in 4 places), perforated bowel, punctured bladder, long stay in the ICU and many surgeries. He's still on the antibiotics for osteomyelitis (bone infection), and possibly needs one more surgery, but just look at him!

He hasn't got back on a horse yet but he kayaks all the time and works out lifting sides of beef regularly, still works on his cousin's ranch but on the 4-wheelers instead of the horses. He has not lost his sense of humor and love of being silly and making people laugh.

He is my hero, and my reminder to always always always triple check my tack and never ride a horse that has been tacked up by someone else.

Attachments

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,437 Posts
Hoorayyy!

Reactions: fffarmergirl

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
I remember that. I am so glad he has recovered. Nothing wrong with swapping to something else fun that doesn't think for itself :). I love kayaking! Hope he continues to get stronger each day!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts