Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in the garden yesterday and the dog was laying along the edge as he always does when all of a sudden he's up and into something in the corner. A moment later he has a dead woodchuck in his mouth. Although I have been spraying with the eggyolk spray and not much has been eaten it is still good to be rid of him. Now if I caould only get the dog to get the fox I'll be all set.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Did you eat it or let the Dog eat it?Most my Dogs won't eat one unless its cooked.

Can't wait until we get a few more around here.

big rockpile

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
That dog sure earned his keep!
I bet he's king for a day. Make that a week, or more.
What a relief being rid of a woodchuck that is plaguing your garden.

·
Master Of My Domain
7,220 Posts
i knew it was a groundhog. give that pooch a treat!

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not let him eat it, I disposed of it. He was so proud of himself. He Got beef jerky.
Egg yolk spray keeps rabbits deer and woodchucks from eating your plants. Mix 2 egg yolks with 1 gallon of water, strain and put in sprayer. Spray all plant you wish them not to eat. My sister used this on her daylilies the deer were eating, but not thr hostas. They had never touched the hostas. So of course the daylilies were untouched but the hostas are gone. It really works, the animal is vegetarian and will not eat eggs,. so By spraying them with the spray they think it is not vegetation.
good luck

·
Registered
881 Posts
From what I understand woodchuck is very good eating. I've got recipes if you're interested for future reference.

Good dog! Gotta love a vermin hunter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts