Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well he has to pass the physical Monday but that should be no problem. He's elated and so am I. The last few months have been some of the hardest we have ever been thru. Things are going to be tight.....there's a huge paycut involved but I think in the end it will be worth it to have a husband who is home more and is emotionally and spiritually in a better place. His stress level will be so much less that that in itself is a help. There will be some overtime but not 40-50 hours like he was doing.

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
Ginnie, that's awesome. I think that it's likely that your husband will respond well to the initial pride of being chosen and will - for a few weeks - be very motivated, alert, and not depressed as he learns, works, and leads.

I would caution that you should be prepared for a few weeks to months from now when he starts to compare this job to the last, when he sees how hard he works relative to how little he now makes, etc. He will go through another phase of "depression" and it's hard to tell how long that will last. Be strong (as you have been), support him, and remind him that you've made it through something much tougher, and you'll both continue to do that.

Again, awesome! Congratulate him for us.

Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts