Having a problem locating good breeders

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by daytrader, May 8, 2005.

1. daytrader

daytrader Well-Known Member

I am not having any luck finding good rabbits for breeding around here.

Anyone know were I can order some?

2. Tucker

Tucker Well-Known Member

Hello Day ,, Its that time of year ,, check with your local extension agent about fairs / shows ,, check the ARBA site for their list of rabbit shows ,,

they are great to go to ,, and see soo many different rabbits and most of the time there are people selling rabbits ,,

Rabbits cost an arm and a leg to ship $150 up IF you can find an airline that ships live annimals ,, your best bet is shows ,, do you have local 'trader' type papers ?? Pennysavers ? sometimes people will advertise their extra rabbits in the 'free' papers

3. daytrader

Ill check out the local trading post.

4. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Well-Known Member Supporter

We have some nice New Zealand White rabbits for sale in Minnesota. It isn't cost-effective to ship them, but if you happen to be up this way we'd be happy to let you take a look at them.

5. daytrader

I got real lucky. I was tooling around in the POV and noticed a sign. Rabbits for sell. I figured I would see what they were getting.

I called them. Turns out it is a very large farmer I have know for many years. He gave up running 1k hoggs a year and turned rabbits and quail.

He has very nice NZW that I can get for 5 bucks a pop for Deos and 10 Bucks for a breeder Buck that is not related.

We had the chit chat for about 45 mins. 2 hours latter we were on the golf course. What a way to meet a old friend I went to school with.