Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,532 Posts
It's about time...hopefully, folks see the writing on the wall...it can't be propped up forever.

Matt

·
Premium Member
11,250 Posts
October in when you get to see the lovely color on faces when the stocks drop. It is fall, and such occurrences are common.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now it is going up..up..up because the job report was so good, but the factory orders went down the largest ever on record. I just don't get it? I do not understand why one Ebola case would cause the market to dip so much.:facepalm:

·
Registered
8,229 Posts
Whenever it starts to slide the Fed quietly pumps it back up. If true asset values were in play the big investment houses/banks would have closed their doors years ago. There's are reason they're called "Too Big To Fail", and it's not because their size makes them invincible. It's because if they're allowed to fail the whole economy - including the rest of the world's - goes with them.

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Now it is going up..up..up because the job report was so good, but the factory orders went down the largest ever on record. I just don't get it? I do not understand why one Ebola case would cause the market to dip so much.:facepalm:
I'm going to guess because people that are panicking do not make good consumers. They also likely will not be going to work....pulling their kids out of school....and in general not worrying about keeping up with the Jones's. They need us to want to keep up with the Jones's to keep the insanely large wheels of the economy going round and round.

·
Too Complicated For Cable
10,390 Posts
It's October, so that's nothing to be surprised about. Want something to be really surprised about, why is oil going down with all this geopolitical turmoil? Mostly because everyone hates Russia, including the Saudi's...lol

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
13,864 Posts
It's October, so that's nothing to be surprised about. Want something to be really surprised about, why is oil going down with all this geopolitical turmoil? Mostly because everyone hates Russia, including the Saudi's...lol
I think because the dollar is going up.

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Ebola has nothing to do with it, more like the strength or weakness of the dollar among a hundred other things. Reporters are the last person(s) to understand the market ups and downs. They get paid for the stories published not the truth or facts. I know of no real market pundits that are right even 75% of the time, no matter their claims.

·
Too Complicated For Cable
10,390 Posts
I think because the dollar is going up.
The dollar is going up, but there's more to it than that. Also, why is the dollar going up? The Saudi's have decided to lower the price of oil to punish Russia and Iran.
This means dollar hegemony stands strong. It's a sign to the world that the Saudi's back the US and we back them. That's good for the dollar and bad for Russia.

OF course there's also the fact that Europe is taking a crap again. China is slowing and hoping for a soft landing, Russia of course is out there creating panic, and ISIS, all of which leads to a strong dollar and soft stocks... Except biotech and defense... LOL

Just my thoughts, I could be WAY off.

·
Banned
292 Posts
The dollar is going up, but there's more to it than that. Also, why is the dollar going up? The Saudi's have decided to lower the price of oil to punish Russia and Iran.
This means dollar hegemony stands strong. It's a sign to the world that the Saudi's back the US and we back them. That's good for the dollar and bad for Russia.

OF course there's also the fact that Europe is taking a crap again. China is slowing and hoping for a soft landing, Russia of course is out there creating panic, and ISIS, all of which leads to a strong dollar and soft stocks... Except biotech and defense... LOL

Just my thoughts, I could be WAY off.

The dollar is going up because everyone knows interest rates are set to rise and QE is ( supposedly ) ending.

I'll be very surprised if the fed allows this for any length of time. The banks cant afford it, mortgagers can't afford it, and the government can't afford it. One of two things is about to happen;

1. They actually let interest rates rise and stop QE because they really are as clueless as they pretend to be. In this scenario real estate prices collapse and the economy moves quickly into recession.

2. They Let interest rates dip slightly before stepping in and pushing them lower followed by another round of QE ( which they can never really stop since demand for our debt simply does not exist at the going interest price ). In this scenario we simply kick the can down the road again. This seems much more likely as it's the course they choose over and over.

·
Premium Member
2,812 Posts
Russia isn't the only one they are punishing!

Oil is currently $87.88 per barrel :sob:

This is going to hurt the Texas economy if it keeps going. Many of my business interests are Texas based. Good thing I like beans and rice. I may get to eat lots of em in the coming months! :teehee:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Deflation precedes hyper inflation. Get ready folks. The shtf is near. Time to move frn's to what you will need. I've been out of the market for over a year now. My recent choice a 2000 gal fuel tank. Its in the ground now and am filling it with diesel. 20 gal a day. I know I'm a whacko, but i dont care. My genny will run for a year on that fuel!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts