Hate mail....

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Caprice Acres, Nov 29, 2005.

1. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

I have a form on my website. It is baisically for contacting me directly about certain animals or kids for sale. Well, today I got hate mail! Here it is :

--------------- Form Response ---------------

01 - Full Name = not intrested in your "pygmies"
    02 - State = mi
    03 - What is your experience level with goats? = Own a large herd currently
    04 - What sex are you interested in? = Doesn't matter
    05 - What age animal are you looking for? = Bottle Baby
    06 - Training (over one year of age, usually) = Road safe
    07 - What do you plan to use your Pygmies for? Check all that apply. = Companion
    to other livestock, Brush control, Children's pet, Housepet, Household pet,
    One-person pet, Carting, Packing, Breeding, Meat, Meat animal production,
    Milking, Cashmere

08 - Do you have any color preferances? If so, please list below. =
    09 - Your e-mail adress : I will not be able to contact you back unless you
    supply this! =
    10 - Please tell me about yourself and about how the goats will be kept. = you have the ugliest pygmy crosses i have ever seen buy some real pygmies. and your buck isnt a light carmel light carmels are white not black if your going to sell goats you might want to learn more about them.
    11 - Price Limit =

---------------End-----------------
    ( I made the responses bold b/c I think it is hard to see them)

Hmmm.... I kinda got angry. I don't know how many times I state that they are grade, pets, not show quality, and are bred for personality and color. I think I will Make a HUGE paragraph on the home page saying this. Since they did not write a return email, I wrote a response the person, on the form page of my website. I asked for no more "hate mail"
    Also, this person was confused. I do have a black buck. Then below his pictures there is a paragraph that describes my other buck, Fynley, who is a light caramel. I just don't have pictures of him yet. Seems like to me that they are a breeder that has show quality pygmy goats that thinks they are superior to every one else. And they think they know everything, too. I thought the agriculture world was a nice one, filled with nice people (like this forum). Obviously there are a-holes wherever you go. :mad:

Oh and since I can trust this forum, do they look like crosses? Tell the truth!
    LOL www.freewebs.com/mygoats/
    I appreciate you opinions!
    personally I think daisy doesn't look like a pygmy, even though I know she is.

2. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I don't know much about pgymies, but your goats sure are cute. Don't let that jerk get to you. Some people have nothing better to do with their time than to try and find ways to hurt someone else.

3. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

They sure are cute! I too know nothing about pygmies, and yes that guy/gal is a TOTAL jerk :mad: . By the way, just wanted to say that this kinda stinks, I got invited by the people to people student ambassador program to go to China as well, so I could have met you, oh well it's too late to change my plans now :( .

4. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

I was sympathetic until you threw in the profanity. :confused:

5. dbarjacres

dbarjacres Well-Known Member Supporter

Hey, I was just on your site a few days back. I think you've got a nice start, not knowing anything about pygmies. I've got a website too, I've dealt with some big time wierdos and dinks, altho actually more on the phone from local ads, I believe I still have a nasty sign'er in my web book that I can't get rid of. Sometimes I'm so mad I just want to quit, period. Hang in there. I've met some real great people, they usually out number the wierdos and jerks.

About the profanity, Give the girl a break! She didn't actually swear, and big deal if she would have, if that offends you, you'd hate me! Someone was just really mean to her for no reason at all, I think she has every right to be p1ssed!

P.S. good luck with your goats in the future and your big trip in 06!

6. 3sunz

3sunz Well-Known Member

I have to say that I agree with you. She didn't really use profanity. She was upset and sharing her experience. She posts alot and helps alot of people out here. Sympathize just a little....

7. Caprice Acres

I try to know everything about pygmies, i really do! thanks guys, I had to go on a rant, and I knew u guys would listen. As for "profanity", try spending a day at your local highschool. just hang in the hallways in between classes and just LISTEN lol

8. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

Yup, yup yup! Lighten up a little... she didn't even swear. Not everyone is a puritanical prude, that doesn't mean that you can't feel sorry for them.

Mygoat, don't let those nutters- any of them- get to you. They're just trying to upset you, they're either just pretending to have pygmies or they're 11 years old. No one who has hit puberty would consider taking the time to send you something that pointless. Someone who actually thought you should get the "proper" show pygmies would've been constructive about it.

Just forget about them...

9. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

LMAO!!! No joke there...

10. Caprice Acres

aww u should have gone!! im kinda nervous i don't speak chinese.... I have enuff trouble with english! lol

11. Rachel K.

Rachel K. Well-Known Member

That's just rude. What is the point in even doing that? Of course your Goats are cute!

Just don't even reply to junk like that.

12. chamoisee

chamoisee Well-Known Member

I f they don't like your stock, why didn't they just move on to another site? Some people get their jollies by putting others down.

As for the profanity? I say, call a spade a spade... :p

13. Reptyle

Reptyle Well-Known Member

Someone is sharing a painful experience and this is the only thing you can offer them? Profanity or not, I'd check my values if I were you. :shrug:

14. Alma

Alma Active Member

I felt upset to when I saw how rude this person was. Take heart tho from all the others that are with you and responding the way they are !! I 'm new to this forum but have had many , many years with horses , sheep, dogs and even cats and have always run up against very predujuiced people who are just like that person. I have learned to let this type of attidude go and know that those of us who do not think they are better (and our animals too) than others are really more caring and not so heartless. There are some really good people out there are involved with the show animals and we have to just trust that we can rise above the others and enjoy our pets/ farm animals whatever our interests. As for venting let it out anytime, I've spent many hours inside even the best of institutes and they let off steam far worse than you did.!!!! Sending warm thoughts to you wherever you are. I enjoyed your pics when I figured out how to open them. Take care, your an :angel: in my books!!

15. Ramblin Acres

Ramblin Acres Well-Known Member

mygoat,

Ok to start off I have been raising pygmies for a while now and I have went thru every page on your website,which is very nice by the way(it seems like I will never get mine done).

As far as your stock they are quite adorable.You state on your site that they are grade and I would just ignore the person that sent the nasty gram.I can see how they would come to some conclusion about your stock.I mean if you are going to sell pygmies then you should start off by describing the colors correctly.To state that you have rare colors is a understatement when in all actuality you have grade animals.I am not putting down grades as I have them too,but I have to honestly say that most of your pygmies look like crosses.Which is not a big deal because you are selling them as pets not show stock anyways.

Also you have a couple decrepinceys on your site that I think you should be aware of.On one page you have your doelings that were born in august that you may be breeding them this feb/march if you deem them big and healthy enough but on another page you are telling people to wait a year.Personally I DO NOT breed any of my doelings untill they are as large as the buck or until they are 18 months(this is just my preferance only).

One other factor I did not see on your site is about de worming your goats.You had no information on there about that.

Also about registering your goats all I can reccomend there is do your research first.Also before paying the big bucks for registered stock make sure there is a market in your area for registered pygmies.I have a few registered pygmies and I cannot sell them for the price that they are worth,we are in a dairy goat county.

I think your goats are adorable and it seems like you truly do love your critters and take very good care of them and you are starting off right with raising and breeding goats,I wish you luck in selling them to good homes.I can still remember when I was starting my herd and how much work it was.I now have a closed herd and love every moment I get to spend with my goaties.

Here are some othe really good sites that I didn't see on your website.

http://www.npga-pygmy.com/

http://wolfridgeranch.tripod.com/

Hope this helps ya,and just so everyone knows I am not bashing anyone here!!!

16. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

Yeah, well I just wasn't that excited about it, believe it our not I get VERY uncomfortable around people my own age, I do better with older people and little kids than I do kids my own age. Plus my mom thinks that I am not mature enough, she also said this when I was invited to go to Italy, and to Norway, both by people to people. Besides it is REALLY to late now, I have not gone to any meetings or anything. Like I said though, no biggee. :D

17. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Now, I don't know a lot about pygmies because I have Alpines, but your goats are doggone cute! The guy's an idiot!

Ruth

18. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

Don't take it personally! You state very clearly on your website that you have just started breeding, they are grade pygmies and you are fifteen years old! Any person that has any claims to being knowledgeable about goats would not send you a message like that. On the contrary, they would want to be helpful and supportive - like most of the people on this forum :sing:

Like they say in Yorkshire - there's nowt so queer as folk - and unfortunately, if you put up a public website, you're gonna attract the odd ignorant creep.

19. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

MyGoat...
    I haven't had a chance to read all the replies, but just a suggestion that "may" help curb a couple of the jerks from your website...
    Your email on the site is " dumass49230@hotmail.com " I noticed it straight away, and if you don't like those type of responses that you got already, perhaps starting a new email account with a name like "barskigoats@hotmail.com" may appear a bit more serious.
    By the way.... very cute goats!! But I'm into dairy goats.... adorable lil buggers though!! :D

Kaza

20. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

Wow, your goats are cute! I didn't know that pygmies came in different colours, we only see the black and white ones where I live in Texas.

Anyway, I am sorry that the person was an eejit to you, uncalled for, and especially unkind considering that you are just a girl. I think it's great that you are into goats, and willing to do all of the hard work involved with caring for them. You should be commended, not condemned!

hollym