Homesteading Forum banner

What is your position on getting the vaccine ?

• I was always going to get it.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • I was waiting for more information but was going to get it.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I am waiting for more information and am on the fence

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I am never going to get it because of health problems.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I got vaccinated but was forced by my employer

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I am never going to get it because I don't think I need it.

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • I got it because not only will it help me but other as well.

Votes: 10 19.2%
141 - 160 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Saw a study earlier in the UK showing the death rate of all causes there among those aged 10 to 59 was more than double among the vaccinated compared to the unvaccinated. A German study of 16 countries shows the same thing. The higher the vaccine rate, the higher the death of all causes rate.
Please link to this study because it flies against every other study.

So far, the sum of the data is vaccines are not as good as TPTB said it was going to be, but still likely the best (and good, albeit not great) tool to prevent morbidity/mortality and spreading of the disease.

One possible (likely?) explanation would be those who have more comorbidities would be more likely to get the vaccines, but still more likely to die than others. (Similar to the previous studies that showed Israel had greater percentage of vaccinated hospital patients than unvaccinated....because almost everyone was vaccinated).

·
Registered
12,144 Posts
"The higher the vaccine rate, the higher the death of all causes rate." to quote Poppy

Least vaccinated - least number of cases.....

Reactions: po boy

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Please link to this study because it flies against every other study.

So far, the sum of the data is vaccines are not as good as TPTB said it was going to be, but still likely the best (and good, albeit not great) tool to prevent morbidity/mortality and spreading of the disease.

One possible (likely?) explanation would be those who have more comorbidities would be more likely to get the vaccines, but still more likely to die than others. (Similar to the previous studies that showed Israel had greater percentage of vaccinated hospital patients than unvaccinated....because almost everyone was vaccinated).
Vaccine prevents spreading ? Even the manufacturers do not seem to claim this.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Vaccine prevents spreading ? Even the manufacturers do not seem to claim this.
Probably (almost assuredly) REDUCES spreading, as less-sick patients probably (almost assuredly) have a lower viral load to share with their family and friends.

The vaccines are not great, and they do come with a slight risk. But they are, so far, the best tool we have.
I'm hoping molnupiravir works as well as they say it does. If so, and it has a good safety profile, then it will come down to rapid testing centers that can hand this stuff out like candy.

·
Premium Member
29,043 Posts
Probably (almost assuredly) REDUCES spreading, as less-sick patients probably (almost assuredly) have a lower viral load to share with their family and friends.

The vaccines are not great, and they do come with a slight risk. But they are, so far, the best tool we have.
I'm hoping molnupiravir works as well as they say it does. If so, and it has a good safety profile, then it will come down to rapid testing centers that can hand this stuff out like candy.
They have no idea if the vaccine reduces the spread since the vaccinated are not being tested as much as the unvaccinated.

·
Registered
531 Posts
They have no idea if the vaccine reduces the spread since the vaccinated are not being tested as much as the unvaccinated.
We have no PROOF, but we have an idea. While covid is certainly a novel virus and disease, it is still a viral illness. We know a lot about coronavirus', and virus' in general. We know that with every other viral disease out there, the more severe the illness the higher the viral load, the greater the transmissibility.

·
Premium Member
29,043 Posts
But no viral illness has ever been subjected to a mRNA therapy before. The new mRNA therapy makes a huge difference.

This study suggests no difference in viral loads between vaccinated and unvaccinated persons 6 months post vaccination.

·
Registered
531 Posts
But no viral illness has ever been subjected to a mRNA therapy before. The new mRNA therapy makes a huge difference.

This study suggests no difference in viral loads between vaccinated and unvaccinated persons 6 months post vaccination.

That study shows reduced viral loads in breakthrough infections in patients vaccinated <2 months before, but then normalize.

I don't see how the vaccine being an mRNA
could have anything to do with it. I would say more likely to be because it's a dang coronavirus.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Data from COVID-19 tests in the United States, the United Kingdom and Singapore are showing that vaccinated people who become infected with Delta SARS-CoV-2 can carry as much virus in their nose as do unvaccinated people.

Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons POTENTIALLY have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons,

Seems the lack of proof part is a major factor in the question of covid transmission by those vaccinated. The vaccines do seem to substantially help reduce severe illness and hospitalization.

·
Registered
21,958 Posts
Data from COVID-19 tests in the United States, the United Kingdom and Singapore are showing that vaccinated people who become infected with Delta SARS-CoV-2 can carry as much virus in their nose as do unvaccinated people.

Infections with the Delta variant in vaccinated persons POTENTIALLY have reduced transmissibility than infections in unvaccinated persons,

Seems the lack of proof part is a major factor in the question of covid transmission by those vaccinated. The vaccines do seem to substantially help reduce severe illness and hospitalization.
Either that or doctors claiming the Delta variant was more infectious but less deadly are right. That often happens when viruses mutate or sometimes the reverse is true.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
15,875 Posts

Why would you say that when there are many off-label drugs, as well as over-the-counter drugs and supplements, that are effective for treatment.

·
Registered
7,304 Posts
I was vaccinated for a slew of things as a child, this one's just another drop in the bucket.
So was I. The things I was vaccinated for were very serious illnesses with high mortality rates, and my body’s reaction to the vaccinations still protects me from the diseases decades later.

Covid, on the other hand, is a bad cold, similar to the flu. And, also like the flu, it’s constantly mutating into new variants that slip right by the defenses your body built against the “vaccination” you took. The result is that you’ll end up having to take new “vaccinations” every few months for the rest of your life.

There is no reasonable comparison to be made between the Covid shot and actual, legitimate vaccinations.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Why would you say that when there are many off-label drugs, as well as over-the-counter drugs and supplements, that are effective for treatment.

The data isn't there for the early treatment drugs yet. While these meds are all very safe, and I personally wouldn't object to trying them, there isn't good enough data that shows they work.

We now have very good data that the vaccines significantly reduce death and severe disease, at least for a little while.

Monoclonal antibody infusion had very good data as well, but appears to be falling off with further studies.

Molnupiravir sounds great, but that is based on manufacturers data, so salt should be applied.

·
Registered
Acta non verba
1,625 Posts
So was I. The things I was vaccinated for were very serious illnesses with high mortality rates, and my body’s reaction to the vaccinations still protects me from the diseases decades later.

Covid, on the other hand, is a bad cold, similar to the flu. And, also like the flu, it’s constantly mutating into new variants that slip right by the defenses your body built against the “vaccination” you took. The result is that you’ll end up having to take new “vaccinations” every few months for the rest of your life.

There is no reasonable comparison to be made between the Covid shot and actual, legitimate vaccinations.
Of course it can mutate to be more virulent, or less so and be totally harmless. I'll reevaluate as needed. I'm around vulnerable people and don't want to be one of the ones who catches it and still recovering after months. Too busy for that.

141 - 160 of 166 Posts