Homesteading Forum banner

What is your position on getting the vaccine ?

• I was always going to get it.

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • I was waiting for more information but was going to get it.

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I am waiting for more information and am on the fence

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • I am never going to get it because of health problems.

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I got vaccinated but was forced by my employer

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • I am never going to get it because I don't think I need it.

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • I got it because not only will it help me but other as well.

Votes: 10 19.2%
1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
I got the J&J only for ease of travel, it was the only one my doc said was the one he could recommend for me. Even though he thought I should wait.

• Wow
Reactions: rebar

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Please fix your poll, it is skewed in one direction. Very biased.

I was seriously CONSIDERING getting vaccinated when the vaccines first became available but these strong-arm tactics to try to force me to get vaccinated, plus all of the side effects and propaganda surrounding the vaccines have made me very, very suspicious. I don't like being told what to do.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Was hesitant at first, but did get it when it was available. It made sense for me due to other health concerns.
Almost all of my family has been vaccinated, and all were originally hesitant except for one.
Each person has their own reasons for getting it.
One son, on our last conversation,expressed he will not when I asked if he would just consider it. " Nope, no way" .
As much as I wish he would, I get why he won't too.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
I wanted the vaccine but had to wait for approval. Finally got it - both shots Moderna - and will get any booster that is deemed necessary.
Not a hard decision. My oncologist told me that I have a good chance of surviving my cancer for a while yet but if I get Covid-19 I have very little chance of surviving it. Even with the vaccine the amount of immunity and number of antibodies I get will only give me about 50% protection but that is my condition and must be accepted.

I also want to protect my family as much as possible and since I am in the group that could get it more easily then it is my responsibility to keep it away from others.

This is a new virus. Even after all these months and all the efforts put into understanding it and defeating it we know very little about it. It is also a very dangerous virus that is changing all the time. The Delta variant has now shown that it is as easily transmittable as chickenpox and it is attacking the young whereas the original Covid-19 focused on the old.

People need to be very frightened of this virus but because of politics too many are not. It needs to be treated with the same respect as Ebola or AIDs.

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
20,641 Posts
I got it early, but, I may regret it as the government is far too eager for us to line up and get their shot. They seem to want control over us as evidenced by the latest scare tactics by the CDC who now "recommends" that even the vaccinated wear a compliance tag.

·
Marked safe from the TP famine of 2020.
20,641 Posts
People need to be very frightened of this virus but because of politics too many are not. It needs to be treated with the same respect as Ebola or AIDs.
Ebola kills between 25 and 90% of those infected. HIV used to kill everyone who was infected. Saying that we need to be as scared of a virus with a mortality rate south of 1% seems to be more of a political stance than a scientific one.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
"Fear profits a man nothing"

Reactions: rebar

·
Premium Member
21,722 Posts
Love that movie.
yup, I’m not afraid of the virus or the vaccine.
I have a respect for the virus. I had a friend who died from it. But I took reasonable precautions and am vaccinated.
im not really into the idea of masking up again to protect those who choose not to take precautions , but do want to protect kids.
i am absolutely against more lockdowns.

·
Super Moderator
3,489 Posts
Our entire family is vaccinated besides my brother. I got it later on as we were on a island with zero cases. This said, my kids wanted hubby to go to Hawaii for his birthday. He is due for a single kidney removal due to tumor location and he has low level prostate cancer. We did get vaccinated prior to that trip in June. In my family, my unvaccinated members all got it! My brother got Covid 19, my nephew, cousin and his wife along with her Dad who died, 7 family members in another cousins family. My half sister and her husband, and that is about it so far. Of the people who got Covid, only my cousin and his wife got the vaccine afterward. Everyone is free to choose but for me, I am wearing my mask and not attending gatherings, eating inside a restaurant or coffee shop. No intention of getting a booster and don't want any more shots. The mask wearing is not just to protect others but minimize exposure to the new Variant! That is why I never stopped wearing my mask. I don't wear it outside or here on the island as we don't see people hardly unless we boat off and its from a distance.

·
Registered
11,744 Posts
I'm having a difficult time with the open southern border and the illegals being transported all over the US with the need to vaccinate. I believe in La Joya they were housing a group that was finally tested after complaints of them wandering around in a fast food joint. That group all tested positive, so they took them to the local hotel and are housing them there.

Either there is a total lack of interest in the health and well being of all involved or the threat of illness is not that great.

I too lost some friends and family to covid but also lost some to influenza a couple of years ago.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
15,875 Posts
Reluctantly I got the J&J. I knew I was going to be traveling later in the year and was worried I might be barred from restaurants, stores, campgrounds, etc. if I wasn't vaccinated. Since I have learned more about Ivermectin, I now believe I would have been better protected using Ivermectin prophylactically than with the vaccine.

So I've gone from slightly for it to against it for me personally. But I have changed my mind about the vaccines because of the delta variant. If someone is not taking Ivermectin and they are over 30, especially if they have health problems, I think they should strongly consider getting vaccinated. The delta variant is much more infectious and is slightly more deadly than the ancestral virus. A lot of unvaccinated people are likely to get very sick and a fairly large number might die. We know at least 40% of the US adult population is overweight with a large portion of them being obese.

Note that the Delta Variant is much more contagious than the ancestral Sars-Cov2 virus and a little more deadly.

Captured from today's video by Dr. John Campbell - CDC leak, summary and full report

1 - 20 of 166 Posts