Has anyone used....

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by dragonfly1113, Dec 18, 2006.

1. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used Valerian? It is a herbal medicine that is suppose to help with stress. I bought it when I was trying to quit smoking. It helps somewhat but it stinks to high heaven. Smells like poop in a capsel. Ewww. your fingers even smell like poop where you hold it to take the pill. You know how sometimes when someone takes antibotics (sp) sometimes when they sweat you can smell it. I hope if I am sweating I dont smell like poop. :)

2. kitaye

kitaye Well-Known Member

I use the root to help me sleep. And yes, it stinks but I alwasy thought it smelled like sweaty feet. I've not smelled it on myself when I sweat so I think your ok.

3. tyusclan

tyusclan Well-Known Member

I've used it for PMS, and I also give it to one of my sons. He is adopted and really struggles with aggressive anger outbursts at times. On days he can work( he works part time with a local contractor) he is ok but on other days it can get a little diff. I use the Valerian in morning and he does pretty good with it. But like you he can't stand the smell. tyusclan momma

4. CountryBumpkinLisa

CountryBumpkinLisa Well-Known Member

It does smell bad.I sweat bad and haven't smelled it yet.

5. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

Valerian does smell like stinky feet! I've used it quite successfully as a sleep aide.

Halo

6. NWoods_Hippie

NWoods_Hippie Well-Known Member

Yes it smells bad, but I have been taking it nightly for years and have never noticed that smell coming out of me!! I take it to calm me at night, it doesn't really make me sleepy, for me it just stops what I call "brain twirling" so I can get to sleep.

Margie