Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
(formerly Laura Jensen)
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sounds like it might be a good thing, pour-on with no withdrawal time, but I heard Cydectin pour-on killed a few goats, so just wanted to ask about the Eprinex before taking the plunge.

·
Premium Member
2,133 Posts
Commercial dairies use Eprinex. My friend used to use it when she ran her dairy. At the time, it was the only wormer approved for use in commercial dairy goats. Her does did not get ill from it, but I don't know if it was as effective as using injectable Ivermectin orally. That's what she and I both use now. We don't need Cydectin in our area yet, but I've heard the pour on is to be given orally and that it's more harmful to goats when poured on. The Eprinex you can just pour on the goats.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
We were using Eprinex in all lactating does - administered orally. We have since switched to cydectin because we were not happy with the FERT results (fecal egg reduction test) - in other words - it wasn't killing enough worms. Your results may vary - I would suggest doing a fecal before you worm and then again 10 days later to see how well it works for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts