Has anyone tried "keybiotics"?

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by motdaugrnds, Jan 18, 2014.

1. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds II Corinthians 5:7 Supporter

I saw this great ad today and it made a great deal of sense; however, the price of this tablet is rather high. Would like to know if anyone has tried it and if so, what was your experience?

2. chickenista

chickenista Original recipe! Supporter

RubyRed likes this.

3. haley1

haley1 Well-Known Member

http://www.vsl3.com/

these are the best I have come across, expensive but super strong so numbers wise it is actually a lot cheaper. the prescription version has 900 billion per packet were most capsule only have 1 to 10 billion. so strong you only take a few times in the begining then as needed

4. motdaugrnds

5. calliemoonbeam

calliemoonbeam Well-Known Member Supporter

I just saw an ad for the Keybiotics yesterday. I considered trying them because they're considerably cheaper than the ones I buy at the health food store. However, they weren't as strong as mine, and my big issue was that they weren't shipped refrigerated.

Everything I've read and heard, and from my own experience with trying nonrefrigerated probiotics, is that they should always be refrigerated or they lose their potency, especially at temps above 80. I bought some online that had almost exactly the same contents as my regular ones, but they weren't refrigerated, and I could really tell the difference. I started having problems in just a few days, and within two weeks, when I had finished the bottle, I gladly went back to the higher priced ones at the health food store.

That said, I do have a severe Candida yeast overgrowth issue. If you don't have that problem and are just trying to get your gut more regulated due to IBS, too many antibiotics, etc., the over-the-counter product may work for you, but I'd still be leery of keeping it anywhere over 80 degrees. The important thing is that you get as many strains as possible, preferably at least 12-14 of mixed lactobacillus and bifidobacterium and at least 50 billion organisms per capsule if possible.

https://www.consumerlab.com/answers...d+to+be+refrigerated/probiotic_refrigeration/

Hope this helps and good luck! :)

unregistered41671 likes this.
  6. motdaugrnds

Thanks for that information Callie. :)

calliemoonbeam likes this.