has anyone tried herbal.com??

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by hollym, Nov 4, 2006.

1. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

I stumbled across them and was blown away by their prices. They sell things by the pound mostly. I am thinking seriously of ordering some of their MSM and chlorella.

hollym

2. blue gecko

blue gecko Well-Known Member

Actually its herbalcom.com and I LOVE them! They charge $5.25 for S/H no matter how much you buy. They are so prompt and the products I've tried are very good. The garlic and onion granules are wonderful and I love the mushroom powders and the italian seasoning blend is very nice. I buy all my elderberries from them and have made teas/tinctures from several other herbs they carry. They're great! B

3. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

There are a few more like that, too. One is something like San Francisco herb co, and there is another I used to order from a lot that's in Missouri but darnit I can't remember the name of it, but it has EVERYTHING, and it's cheap!

4. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

Thanks, ya'll!! That's great to know. I find it so much easier to just pile a bunch of powders in water or a smoothie and drink it. Beats taking fourteen large pills, lol.

hollym

5. ladycat

Here is San Francisco Herb Company
    http://www.sfherb.com/

Now if I could just remember what that one in Missouri is called. And there are several more that I know of.

6. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

that one is nice also. I like the selection of teas. Do you live too far from Austin to visit Sun Harvest, Whole Foods or the Co-op? I'm lucky enough to have a SH on my way home and one close to the office. They have a decent selection of essential oils.

hollym

7. ladycat

I'm a few hundred miles north of Austin ;)

I never even heard of Sun Harvest. And what is "the" Co-op ?

8. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

OOPS! I got your location confused with cyngbaeld's, I think.

Wheat something co-op in Austin, I can't remember the correct name, but it's very full of bins of good things.

Sun Harvest is like a health food grocery store. A bit expensive, but convenient. I guess there are a few advantages to living close to a city. Anyway, none of this is helpful to you, sorry! Good intentions, you know.

hollym

9. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Here's another fan of herbalcom.com I really like them and plan to order again as soon as we get settled from our move. Is the one in Missouri "American Botanicals" by any chance in Eolia? I just drove by that place Wednesday and while I've seen their catalog, I haven't ordered from them yet.

Nance

10. ladycat

No, that's definitely not it. It's on the tip of my tongue.

Argh, I hate when that happens. :help:

11. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

with all these great links, can we start a sticky with them? I just realized recently that this FORUM was even here, very very exciting for me.

hollym

12. ladycat

13. ladycat

Herbal Advantage is the one in Missouri:

http://www.herbaladvantage.com/

They didn't used to have a website so I was surprised to find one.

I used to talk to Stephen on the phone and he sure knows his stuff. He was once in very bad health with heart disease etc, but the use of herbs got him off meds and into a good state of health. He watched his neighbor go rapidly downhill, with the doctor giving the guy more and more prescriptions until the guy died, Stephen feels that the side effects are often worse than the cure (I think so too).

14. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

Oh hey, I think I have bought stevia from them! one of the few that i actually could deal with the taste, in fact.

hollym

15. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Oh! I have seen this one but had forgotten about it! Thanks so much! With me being in MO, it's nice to find somewhat local ones.

The one I saw is www.americanbotanicals.com and they look pretty interesting too.

16. Kung

Kung Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Wow....that herbal advantage site looks like good stuff. The hilarious thing - the name of the doctor who did the angioplasties on the guy had the exact same name as my grandpa did - who was obviously NOT a doctor. :p

17. Rita

Rita Well-Known Member Supporter

I also recently discovered Herbalcom.com and found the prices fantastic. I bought caraway seed as I use a lot in rye bread I make. Goofed on two items......the carrot powder is not dried powdered carrots, it is Queen Anne's Lace powder and tastes horrible. Also the licorice "sticks" are not a confection but the roots of licorice and super hard to grind. I too bought the dried elderberries to make sambucol if needed, Dead sea salt, MSM and lots more stuff.

18. blue gecko

blue gecko Well-Known Member

Rita, I bought the carrot powder too and wow is it bitter. Just curious but did they state that it was Queen Anne's Lace and not carrot? I never inquired. B

19. Rita

Rita Well-Known Member Supporter

I haven't been here to answer your question before today, but they did have it listed as carrot powder, but the Latin name was for queen Anne's Lace. I think I will check the latin name if I'm not sure. When we tasted it I just couldn't believe carrots powdered could get that bitter so we checked. Still a good place to buy at good prices.