Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Beer For My Horses? Apparently it's a movie set in Oklahoma (rural) and the American Bulldog in the movie is a doofus! I'm not done watching the movie but the main character is an actual country singer in real life..his name is Toby Keith. Apparently he owns a restaurant in OKC which is about 2 hours from me. I plan to visit that restaurant which is in the Bricktown part of OKC...

·
notenoughtime
540 Posts
We actually went to OKC about a month ago and ate at his restaurant. The food was great and the decor was very patriotic, lots of things from military from TK time overseas. We were looking to Bass Pro and it was right next door and we couldn't resist trying it. Haven't seen the movie yet

·
Failure is not an option.
2,623 Posts
Arabian Knight,

Toby Keith is a card carrying Democrat...good to see you're finally changing your tune...

RF

·
Suburban Homesteader
2,558 Posts
My goodness, how quickly the mention of a cute non-political country song can turn into a Republican versus Democrat debate!

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
Arabian Knight,

Toby Keith is a card carrying Democrat...good to see you're finally changing your tune...

RF
That has Nothing what so ever anything to do with the song. Geesh some on here just can't Wait to turn something that is about very cute song, into something political when it has absolutely nothing to do with politics. At least Toby doesn't go Out Out The Country To Trash it, Like The Dixie Chicks did~!!!!!!! geesh

·
God Smacked Jesus Freak
7,456 Posts
TED NUGENT is in the movie too and he is a card carrying CONSERVATIVE:D arrrrrrgh:D

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
At least Toby doesn't go Out Out The Country To Trash it,
No, he just trashes my country for wanting to stay out of your wars. :viking:

Pity, I used to like the man's music.

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
The money was on CMT not in the theater.
Well it was in a few theaters but just a hand full, this report says 91 screens.
Opening Weekend
$209,253 (USA) (10 August 2008) (91 Screens)

Gross
$666,045 (USA) (9 November 2008)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1178640/business
And not even making 3/4 of a million dollars since opening and this is through Nov 9th. that is why it went to TV very very quickly~!
And opening weekend take of just over 200K. That is terrible~!
Most new movies now days take in at least 15 Million some way over 40 million the very first weekend.~!
And also was released Very Quickly also on DVD~!!! Like in On DVD: November 11, 2008~!! That is in record time also.

·
Perpetually curious!
2,749 Posts
It's already on our cable pay-per-view channels here. Haven't seen it but wife and I took note of it while looking for something to watch tonight (we both like the song which is why we noticed the movie)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Yes, Willie is in the movie,not for long if I rememeber correctly. I really like Willie's music, and Toby Keith's. The movie is pretty good too, we watched in on CMT I think.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That has Nothing what so ever anything to do with the song. Geesh some on here just can't Wait to turn something that is about very cute song, into something political when it has absolutely nothing to do with politics. At least Toby doesn't go Out Out The Country To Trash it, Like The Dixie Chicks did~!!!!!!! geesh
That's funny I only heard The Dixie Chicks trash BW not the country.
BW's the one that trashed the country and he did it in and out of the country. I am not a fan I just think its wrong to punish them for speaking their mind. Last time I looked that was one of our rights. But last time I looked privacy was one of them to but not any more.

·
Gefion's Plow
325 Posts
I remember the commercial for it. Toby came on the Colbert Report where he endlessly promotes himself. I think he's trying to increase his salary to 50 million this year, but from what I saw it didn't look interesting.

·
Premium Member
9,243 Posts
Arabian Knight,

Toby Keith is a card carrying Democrat...

RF
Sounds like he turned in his card, if you look at current info.

He seems like a pretty middle of the road fellow, good place to be. I'd probably find a lot more to agree than disaree with him.

The movie has come out on DVD, saw it on the shelves a few days ago. I loved the song/ video, don't know nothing about the movie.

--->Paul

·
Premium Member
21,535 Posts
Is Willie Nelson in the movie?

I've been a fan of his for a good many years.
Since we're talking about the politics of country music stars, I feel compelled to add that Willie Nelson was one of the well-intentioned fools who helped bring about the BANNING of slaughter for food of horses in the US. Not a great move for the horses of the country.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts