I was talking to my uncle a while back and he gave me an idea for an easy way to start fires in my stove. He said he learned it from an old guy out west when he was traveling. What you do is save the wood chips from when you're sawing your firewood, let them dry out, then mix with some kerosene. Not much, just enough to absorb into the wood, don't get it really wet. Then instead of kindling use a cup or so of this mixture underneath your logs. I tried it tonight and it seemed to work well. I just mixed up a small batch, and in my maybe 1 cup of shavings there was maybe 1 fl oz of kerosene, if that. Seemed to burn for quite a while, until the logs caught. In the manual to my stove it warns agianst using accelrants. I figure this is just for liability reasons. I can't see a problem with this method, but I'd thought I'd ask you all to get your impressions.