Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is a documentary on personal and government debt, mostly credit card debt though. It was depressing and disturbing but I think a must see for anyone that uses credit cards.

Anyone else see it? I rented it from Netflix.

·
Registered
642 Posts
I have seen it. I rented from Netflix too! I thought it was very informative, yet depressing. If someone is already down about finances, I wouldn't recommend it. But if you are looking for a little nudge in the right direction and information about how credit works against you, it is good for that.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
I saw it a couple of weeks ago. It's made me more determined than ever to get out of debt.

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't realize it had already been discussed! Sorry about the double post.

I agree, maybe if you are already in a lot of debt it is too depressing. The only thing is that maybe it will be more motivation about getting out of and staying out of debt. Having been in debt myself and gotten back in debt and back out yet again it helped me realize that I never ever want to be back there again. There are programs to get out of debt, second jobs you can take, and things like that but the hardest part is to keep out of debt. Kind of like loosing weight I guess. It is so very easy to get back into trouble EVEN when you have been there before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts