Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There hasn't been much "action" on our goat forum lately...hmmmm. Maybe it's a good thing that there seems to be a lull in problems? Maybe everyone is getting goat savy enough to help themselves? Maybe not as many newbies because of the economy? Or...maybe I'm just imagining things :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,639 Posts
I am constantly telling people at my work about the forum, most complain that they never get accepted to join, when actually the acceptance takes a day or so and the email winds up in the spam folder is the problem I hear the most.

This forum has tought me more about goats that I ever knew could be, you can ask me about cats, dogs, horses, birds, reptiles and most rodents and I can just about answere any question. I never knew that goats, even though having them as pets in the past, could ever be so complicated, but Im hooked.
Goats are perfect, cheaper than horses and cows, not as clingy as dogs, dont need a litter box and yet provide a never ending sorce of entertainment and there are tons of activites you can do with them

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This forum has tought me more about goats that I ever knew could be, you can ask me about cats, dogs, horses, birds, reptiles and most rodents and I can just about answere any question. I never knew that goats, even though having them as pets in the past, could ever be so complicated, but Im hooked.
Goats are perfect, cheaper than horses and cows, not as clingy as dogs, dont need a litter box and yet provide a never ending sorce of entertainment and there are tons of activites you can do with them
I agree...and I love learning so much here! That's why I noticed it's been a little quiet. I have been coming here for a year now and I don't know what I would have done without this forum :) And I am SOOOOO hooked to. I think my goats are the greatest and don't know what I would do without them...they bring me so much joy!

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More discussion is happening in PMs now than in the open forums.
If this is true that is really sad :( how else will us newbies learn if people are keeping their knowledge and experience private.

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Maybe tis a good thing, that goats are behaving themselves. They have been keeping us all busy and are now taking a break!?
Or maybe folks are getting a better handle on them?
I have learned tons here from all of you! Im sure pms have their place but still....

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,444 Posts
There hasn't been much "action" on our goat forum lately...hmmmm. Maybe it's a good thing that there seems to be a lull in problems? Maybe everyone is getting goat savy enough to help themselves? Maybe not as many newbies because of the economy? Or...maybe I'm just imagining things :rolleyes:

Hah! Just wait 'til kidding season begins again - LOL! Starts up here in mid-January.

NeHi

·
Premium Member
9,244 Posts
I still drop in every little bit but running the cow dairy/cheeseplant is taking up most of my time now. Then there is my goat herd, my dogs and helping my two elderly neighbors.......Keeps me to busy to be online much!
As nehi says......its likely to get real busy when more people start kidding.:rock:

·
An Ozark Engineer
13,444 Posts
We start kidding here in March 09, but I may have one or two oopses to look out for that will come sooner,cause the bucks got out for about 15 minutes in the last part of August.

LOL! You'll be posting "new kids" pix about late January.

NeHi

·
www.waltersgirlsfarm.com
299 Posts
I am soooo scared for kidding season to officially start for me. I anticipate about 25-30 kids all hitting the ground around a 2 week period. I think it is going to start in about 3-5 weeks based on the stage of my late term abortion last week. On one hand I cant wait cause I dont have to mix medicated food anymore but having that many kids at once room starts to fill quick. This is not what I planned at all. I wanted to have half bred and then breed the other half 2 months later however the buck did not get that memo.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am soooo scared for kidding season to officially start for me. I anticipate about 25-30 kids all hitting the ground around a 2 week period. I think it is going to start in about 3-5 weeks based on the stage of my late term abortion last week. On one hand I cant wait cause I dont have to mix medicated food anymore but having that many kids at once room starts to fill quick. This is not what I planned at all. I wanted to have half bred and then breed the other half 2 months later however the buck did not get that memo.
Wow! and I was freaking out over one pregnant goat last year. Well I hope you have time to post some baby pictures ;)

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I still drop in every little bit but running the cow dairy/cheeseplant is taking up most of my time now. Then there is my goat herd, my dogs and helping my two elderly neighbors.......Keeps me to busy to be online much!
As nehi says......its likely to get real busy when more people start kidding.:rock:
Ya aren't kidding about the kidding. Yes I like throwing in a chezzy joke LOL

·
Registered
220 Posts
I check in daily, I just don't reply to the messages. I do enjoy reading about the goats and stay envolved in whats going on.
I raise pygmies mostly so not everything applies to my herd, but I do have 3 Toggs and 2 boer x's. This site has been a great resource...Thank you everyone.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts