Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited...

I just got a call from the library. They had a drawing box for a free copy of the new HP book and I WON!!!!!

Yippeeeee! I was going to buy the book because I just couldn't stand to wait anymore, but we really can't afford it and I'd feel guilty the whole time...but now I can read guilt-free!

:dance:

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
Excellent! We hadn't reserved, so we hadn't planned on buying..... but DH called from work and said he could get a copy!! YAHOO!! So I pulled out my "fun" money and spent the $17 for it!!

The surprise and excitement on DD10's face is well worth that!! :) I Can't wait for him to get home and for her to get up!!!

Guess what we are doing today???? :)

·
Premium Member
1,724 Posts
Congrats! Mines coming today...I'm on pins and needles waiting for it!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Got mine by UPS at about noon. I'm already on page 250 after only a couple hours of straight reading. I pre-ordered it with my bn membership online. Only $18!

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
We are at chapter 6 in between everything else we have been doing today.... DD is reading out loud every chance she gets to me..... I think its gonna be a long night.. (she wants to stay up and read the ENTIRE 40 chapters OUTLOUD!!!!) Can you say POPCORN and caffeine???? :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
We picked up our copy today.
I was nice and let Dennis read it first. Ain't I Special??

I am re-reading the Half Blood Prince while he finishes the Deathly Hallows

·
Premium Member
4,278 Posts
I wanna KNOW - who died? Please PM me so those who want to be surprised will be. Please! :-D

·
proud to be pro-choice
2,691 Posts
Ah we're all due some good luck - congrats!!

My daughter spent her the day celebrating her 18th bday while waiting for the book. She got home 1 am-ish and by 8:00 am, she was on page 400. I left for a meeting but by the time I got home at 2:00 pm, she was done. Not sure what time she finished but she told us she was so excited that she could hardly sign her name on the credit card receipt! She and her buddies dressed up and hung out at the bookstore after they got their bracelets. They were about 20th in line and daughter managed to snag an empty Potter book box again (got one last time). The daughter and friends are at the end of a journey too, their childhood is over as they are all 18 now.

·
Premium Member
2,981 Posts
I just finished the chapter "Godric's Hollow". But, I cheated, and I have already skimmed through it and checked the back of the book. Just couldn't wait!

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
i picked it up last night about 10:30 ish and read til almost 5:30 this morning having completed the book as dh got up to see what the heck i was up for oops didn't realize the time had went so fast :)

·
Zone 7B
2,481 Posts
We got up to chapter 12 last nite before I was just too tired to stay awake!! :) We read the last 6 chapters OUTLOUD -----

It was so funny.... my DS17 and DS19 both came in and sat down and listened to the reading..... DS19 thinks he might like to read the series now that he has gotten into it.. (If he does --- I will be blown away -- he's not a reader AT ALL!)

The amazing thing to me about this book is the fact that we just SAW the Order of the Phoenix ---- and I have all the voices fresh in my head..... I can just hear Vernon yelling at Harry and Petunia squealing..... :) I love it!! What a great thing it was to get to see the movie and then read this book! I wish I had done that BEFORE i had read the others....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts