Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for making this such a neat forum, with lots of good advice.

Hope you have a safe day and with good friends/family around.

Angie

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Thank you ma'm. Here have some pie........I burned it myself:D

·
WV , hilltop dweller
3,613 Posts
LOL!! I raised and butchered nearly a dozen turkeys this year, but my feast is with family that *shudder* won't touch a home raised bird(they may actually have seen it once!). Counting my blessings and hoping for some more time to prep to be thankful for..considering bringing up current world events as after dinner conversation for the "early twenties" set.

My best wishes for all as I am sure that we all have much to be thankful for, including this forum! bee

·
Mountaineers are free
945 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all. I am thankful for all the advise I get here, some I don't agree with but I am thankful to be living in a country where everyone is entitled to speak their opinion freely. With the recent events of the world economics it's good to know that so many will be overeating again this year. I hope we all still overeating next year. Have a great, relaxing day today everyone!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving!!! There is so much to be thankful for and I pray that this time next year we are as blessed as we are today.

·
Semper Fidelis
4,609 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to all.....

My entire family pitched in and made dinner (while my sister sat at the table with a cup of coffee and supervised) including a deep fried turkey, oven baked ham, plus all kinds of goodies. My nephews even pitched in, and their uncles and grandpa taught them some important lessons about food preperations and safety...

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving to my favorite message board! I've learned so much from you all, and that knowledge is a large part of what I'm thankful for this year....

We canceled travel plans at the last minute when hubby came down with the *nasty* stomach bug the girls and I had earlier this week. No way could he drive 8-9 hours that way. So I'll buy a turkey on sale tomorrow and make our big dinner on Saturday. It will taste just as good, and be cheaper!

I was worried anyway about leaving our house empty, as there's been two break-ins on our road this last week. So at least we're here to keep the vermin out.

Hope you all had great food, good family times, and remember to be thankful for all your blessings...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts