Happy Chrismahannukwanzikah to me!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Jcran, Dec 22, 2006.

1. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

Last year, I took a friend's goat while they built their house with the understanding that when she kidded, I would keep any kids out of her as she has really good show lines and didn't want to sell her. Well, she never settled with my buck. right before I sent her back to them, I tossed her back in with said buck and nothing. She went back home; no biggy. In September, this is the friend I posted about who called and said the doe had unexepectedly kidded mid September with a doe and buck kid. I decided not to pursue asking for the kids as she seemed so smitten with them and we've been friends, etc., her son is in my class this year, etc. Anyway, she came into my classroom yesterday and said "Your doe kid is ready to go home". I was so touched! She is an 88% boer cross and is a big MOOSE of a girl! I am tickled pink! We are going to pick her up on Saturday and hide her in the barn for my 7 year old's Christmas morning gift. She'll have a really nice little show doe to work with for our little local fair and then the August county fair. Her name is Snowbelle.

2. moosemaniac

moosemaniac Well-Known Member

Ooooh! I wish I was getting another goat for Christmas. How cool.

I did get a call though from a woman who had gone to the fair in September. Her 3 year old daughter became smitten with the Nubians. They told their daughter that if she were to be potty trained by Christmas maybe Santa would bring her one of her very own. (they have several horses and other animals - work with handicapped therapy horses). Well, danged if that determined little girl didn't come through! I found a couple of prospects for her. I'm hoping they picked the pygmy/nubian cross wether. He has the ears she loves but won't be too huge for a little girl to play with.

Ruth

3. dezeeuwgoats

dezeeuwgoats Well-Known Member

What a neat story! Thanks for sharing it. Congrats on your new doeling!

Niki

4. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

That is so awesome. I am so glad to hear that some people still keep their word. I bet your son will be so excited.

5. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

pictures!!! We need pictures!! :D

Kaza

6. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

We are digging out; not out of snow, but out from under a horrifically messy house and THEN we are going to get said goaty. Yippee! I'll post pics in the next few days.

7. manygoatsnmore

manygoatsnmore Well-Known Member Supporter

Hehe - you forgot to throw in Winter Solstice and Festivus in your greeting! ;)

Congrats on the new baby! What a lovely surprise. :)