Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sewing on the same Kenmore for some 35 years so my DH said you go to the store and pick out the machine you want...WOW. Got a Pfaff 2048 quilt expression; computerized and I'm in heaven:sing: Didn't plan on getting this one as I thought it had way more stitches than I'd ever use plus plenty pricey but when they got a new 2038 from the store room it had a crack in the casing so they sold me this one for the same price!!!!!!!!

Knew I liked the fancier model 'cause my friend just bought one and let me use it for two weeks while she was working night and day orientating at a new job. I specially like the self threading feature for my blind old eyes! And the slow/fast setting. Used the leaf pattern to stitch down the binding on a little 30's lap quilt I made for a friend in the nursing home; that was cool. Have big plans for that buttonholer,too.....

I could go on and on...every complaint I've had about my elderly machine is covered in this one and sewing is a dream. Why did I resist so long??? Hubby says you know I've gotten some big ticket items this year plus you bought/paid for my JD riding lawn mower; it's time you had something special. DEE

·
Registered
5,499 Posts
Oh wow, Dee - congratulations. Bless your DH's heart.

Since I'm kind of new to this subforum, maybe you could update me on the things you made for profit to pay for his riding lawn mower. John Deere no less!

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Oh wow that's fantastic! I'm so happy for you! I couldn't live without a needle threader, I can't see the eyes in needles at all and usually have to get hubby to thread my serger and coverstitch needles for me as they don't have auto threaders.

Play with those decorative stitches, you can create some amazingly beautiful things with them by combing them (stacked stitches) and I hear Pfaff machines have the most beautiful decorative stitches around!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts