handyman book

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by sassy_mare, Dec 14, 2004.

1. sassy_mare

sassy_mare Well-Known Member

We are new to farming (read: my horses and a handful of chickens) and I would like to purchase the man of the house a book or two on the topic of handyman-ship for Christmas.

I am wondering if there are books out there with topics such as tractors, fencing, maintenance and upkeep, that sort of thing....

Can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks!
    Sheri

2. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    Any Lowes or Home Depot have many books on many subjects; landscapeing, building frameing, fence building, ect.

3. aaatraker

aaatraker Well-Known Member

TRY THE SITE LISTED BELOW

//www.mwpshq.org/

4. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

The Encyclopedia of Coutry Living by Calra Emery is a good book that you will share with each other, has recipes for the kitchen and infor mation from garening to fields to animals.... about $30 and availabe from Carla herself, and when she comes through your town you could have her do a book signing and short seminar too. We decided to put this area back on for 2006, as we almost are over extending ourselves already for 2005 with things to do, she and Don were through here in October 2003 so it will be pleasant to see them again.

As far as a difinitive tractor book, I really have not ever seen one, thre are classic tractor books, but since i started driving at 10 [late bloomer?] I never really needed a tractor book cept to tinker with one that wasnt ruunning, and then it is an individual type topic/ breed/ color/ tractor.

William

And of course www.Lindsaybks.com probably has any really good books a person could ever need to read, only HIGH quality there.