Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm a die-hard hand piece/hand quilt person, and I'm always on the lookout for new techniques! I was taught (by my mom, who stopped when I started!) to quilt on a tabletop or other flat, hard surface. It appears that this is an Amish method. I've seen lots of quilting frames, with the two rolls and the open supported space inbetween, using an embroidery hoop, a standing embroidery hoop, etc.

So what I'd like to know is, what's your favorite hand quilting technique, and why do you like it?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Most of the time I use a hoop. Eaze of turning for harder to reach quilting as my hand won't go backward anymore. I use to beable to quilt forward and backward, not now. But I picked up a small floor frame at a auction. Made by Q-Snap. Easy and Not real costly. Check qsnap.com Portable and comes apart, for storage. Just what I need for straighter stitching.

·
Premium Member
2,005 Posts
I usually use a hoop also although I do have a big floor frame for larger quilts. I like the hoop because it's more portable and I can turn it any which way to quilt. I like the floor frame because no basting.
karen in Indiana

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.