halters

Discussion in 'Goats' started by ddt, Sep 12, 2005.

1. ddt

ddt New Member

Hi,
    I have started braiding, single line with a lucet. and since I have goats, would like to make them some halters from my braiding. Does any one know where i can get a pattern/guide/information on making halters? Thanks, have a great day, ddt

2. Ellie5

Ellie5 Well-Known Member

What's a lucet? My mom had given me a very simple store-bought goat halter-there are no rings on it & I've never used it, but the single-line you speak of makes me think it's the same kind. It's not complex at all. If you don't get a pattern I could send you a picture of it with measurements.

3. ihedrick

ihedrick Can't stop thinkin'

Are you looking for a halter made with a single piece of rope? I remember making these type halters in 4H for sheep. If it is, I could make a quick one and then send you measurements.

4. decamper

decamper Well-Known Member

I am interested in the measurements too. :sing:

5. ddt

ddt New Member

a lucet is a tool that the vikings 1st used,,,so it is very old! Best I can say is do a search "lucet", and you will see one. The vikings used horns! Mine I maade from wood, but plan on making one from antlers. So any help on the halters would still be appricatied, ddt