Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to an affair at the church last night. Halloween party, dressed as Ahab the Arab. Wife has all sorts of stuff gathered overseas, so I had the headdress and the hoop to hold it on, and the flowing robe. Pinned an "Application to join Ahab Harem" to the sleeve. Age, weight, other significant dimensions, teeth (how many?), shoes, (yes or no, if yes, what size), skill level in the following; cooking, cleaning, washing, scrubbing, ironing, (rate 1thru 5, five highest), experience (no boasting please) and references. NOTE! NO AUDITIONS ON SUNDAYS

I think I should send the application to Bill and let him use it, though he would probably allow auditions on Sunday.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, at least the wife thought it was funny. Especially since it was she who would rate the candidates! Once I told Pat, years before she died, that I was thinking of taking on another woman. Her reply was "Get us one who can do windows". On another occasion I overheard her talking with my sisters in law, apparently about some woman's straying husband. The part I heard was "I don't believe in divorce, I believe in homicide". Barb too has a great sense of humor; we laugh a lot around here.

·
Super Moderator
13,804 Posts
Ox,
Glad you had a good time at your Halloween party.

I'm starting the smoking of my share of the shoulder and brisket at 6 in the morning for our party tomorrow night as we relax after all the trick or treaters have made their rounds .

·
Registered
424 Posts
I do not get to get on homesteading often since school started. Right now I am making a chef's hat and apron. The teacher and other aide I work with are going to be Rub-a-Dub 3 Men in a Tub. We made our tub today after school. We dress as book characters. I have been Charlotte, Flounder, Puss, a fairy and many others in the past.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts