Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I calls em like I sees em
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since we built our barn, I thought it would be fun to have a barn party. So finally we are hosting a barn party on Halloween. A big issue is lighting. The shop lights are too bright and harsh. I needed some softer lighting up above. So we turned a hay ring into a redneck deluxe barn chandelier. It actually worked! Cant wait to get the rest of the decorations in place.
20201003_121947.jpeg
20201004_160303.jpeg
20201004_164024.jpeg
27236624015530.jpeg

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More decorations getting done. This one looks better in person, my phone cam doesn't do night shots very well. A weathered old skull that usually hangs on the shed, a $4 string of lights, viola it is Halloween decor.
20201008_193056.jpeg

·
Hello, hello....is there anybody in there.....?
78,895 Posts
Looking good!

·
Unapologetically me
20,831 Posts
That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't forget some jack-o-lanterns.
Too soon to cut them, they would shrivel by halloween. But yes there will be jack-o-lantern s.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Too soon to cut them, they would shrivel by halloween. But yes there will be jack-o-lantern s.
You may already know this, but I found that soaking them in a bleach solution helps then last a bit longer. Not a whole lot, but some.

·
Registered
482 Posts
You may already know this, but I found that soaking them in a bleach solution helps then last a bit longer. Not a whole lot, but some.
I wipe pumpkins and winter squash down well with a bleach and water solution before putting them in long term storage and it really seems to help!

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the sign made for the photo booth. The letters are painted with glow in the dark paint.
IMG952020101795163202933.jpeg

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And last night, built my play list.
Witchy Woman, Eagles
Black Magic Woman, Santana
Welcome to my nightmare, Alice Cooper
Hells Bells, AC/DC
Werewolves of London, Warren Zevon
Ghost riders in the sky, Johnny Cash
Addams Family theme
Season of the witch
I put a spell on you...

And so on. I have over an hour of themed music now.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Love what you've done and the playlist is perfect!!!

Reactions: MO_cows

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I hope you will show us the final product. Looks like lots of fun!
Everybody needs some fun! One in my circle just had surgery, fixing to start a year of chemo and radiation. Some of the guys been working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day on harvest. Another one is all but unemployed because the restaurant she works at is only at 50%. Social unrest, the nasty politicking, you name it. Too much stress and worry in the world right now. Let's just play for one night and have fun. Eat drink and be silly.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
Ever since we built our barn, I thought it would be fun to have a barn party. So finally we are hosting a barn party on Halloween. A big issue is lighting. The shop lights are too bright and harsh. I needed some softer lighting up above. So we turned a hay ring into a redneck deluxe barn chandelier. It actually worked! Cant wait to get the rest of the decorations in place. View attachment 91322 View attachment 91323 View attachment 91324 View attachment 91325
Sounds like great fun. My area of west va. Is just now on an up tick for covid.

·
13,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The barn doors will be wide open with fire pit outside. Not an enclosed space. Plenty of room to spread out. I don't think we are putting anyone at risk.

Reactions: no really
1 - 19 of 19 Posts