Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to uploading the picture of the quilt! Here it is halfway done. I think it looks really good. Now I just need a photo imaging program to make a mirror image so I can see what the finishe product will look like, LOL.
Heidi

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They were not individual squares. This was all strip piecing. I'd try to explain how it was done but I have an uncanny ability to confuse people when I try to explain things, LOL

Heidi

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
:baby04: It is lovely and like CJ said if you cut all those squares you really do have the patience of a saint,( just saw the last post) you still have the patience of a saint. It really is beautiful. :dance:
bopeep

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is a beautiful quilt! :) Would love to see another photo when it is all done. Please?

She

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
I know what strip piecing is... still, all those strips! You still have the patience of a saint! Those look like very small strips! I can't wait to see this one finished.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
What beautiful work and the I love the hues of all the colors.
Is this for yourself? I'm not so sure I could part with something so labor intensive.
I agree with the others, you are one patient quilter.

prairiegirl

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am making this quilt for my cousin for her graduation present. It will bw hard to part with, but I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees it.
Heidi

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its called a Trip Around the World or Sunshine and Shadows. There is the traditional which has fewer colors and bigger squares and the color splash which has more colors and smaller squares. I did the color splash so for the king size I needed 24 colors, and 2" strips
Heidi

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally got to play around with the image a little. here is a rough idea of what the finished product will look like. I'm excited :dance:

Heidi

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
Heidi - you sure are growing in your quilting..

I love this. She will also.

Then you'll have to make one for yourself.

Maybe even inspire me to make a total quilt top, and quilt.

Angie

·
Registered
144 Posts
I added this one to my "quilts I wanna make" file. I agree, your choice of colors is outstanding! Hope you finish soon (so we can see it finished, of course!! :rolleyes: )

Jean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts