hair loss

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by doc623, Aug 29, 2004.

1. doc623

doc623 Well-Known Member

Any on have any information on hair loss and restoration on a young adult female?
    Thanks

2. heelpin

heelpin Well-Known Member

In my opinion, hair loss is an indication of a more serious underlying problem, whether it be glandular, an infection or just general health decline. I would start with the basics, internal cleansing (including liver cleanse) and good whole food supplements that include friendly bacteria and enzymes, Nature's First Law makes the best one I've found.
    I would also take a good trace mineral supplement, a Copper dificency can cause hair loss, I would recommend "Marine Minerals".
    Also take the questionnaire for a systemic candida infection (Google).

3. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

You need to see a doctor and have a thyroid test done first.

4. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

Check your shampoo also. were allergic to suave. Stopped using it and no more hair loss.

5. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

Is the girl making her self throw up as in anorexia or bulimia?

6. Ken in Minn

Ken in Minn Well-Known Member

Hi All
    I have been making home made soap for about 3 yrs now. I make a soap with all natural oils, no animal fats. I have a bar that has done wonder for my hair loss. and also others. I do not advertise as such. Lot less hassels. but we do sell a lot of soap, close to 1500 bars just this yr. If interest go to--- www.soycandleworks.com Our business has doubled every month since we have started on the market. We sell mostly through reps, we are in just about every state now. But are still looking for reps in some areas. If interested give us a call, the number is on our web site.

Ken in Minn

www.soycandleworks.com

7. Meg Z

Meg Z winding down

The underlying reason, as stated earlier, needs to be found. There are lots of disease processes that can cause hair loss. Some are mild, some are not. Ravenlost mentioned thyroid. I've got lupus, and it also causes hair loss. A vitamin deficiency can cause it. And a myriad of other stuff. She needs to be checked by a doc. Make a list of any other possible symptoms, even those that seem unrelated (fatigue, achy joints, etc.) and take it with you to the doc.

Good luck.

Meg :)

8. Timedess

Timedess Guest

In keeping with earlier posts, you might also want to have her hormone levels tested. I've read that imbalanced hormones can cause hair loss (not to mention thyroid problems, and a lot of the other possible causes already mentioned here...)

in Him,
    Timedess

9. Don Armstrong

Don Armstrong In Remembrance

Even poisoning will do it - and there are things that a young person might not think of as poisonous, but are. Doctor first and fast.

10. Cindy in PA

Cindy in PA Well-Known Member

Could be many things as stated above, or it can be plain old heredity. I first noticed mine at about 21. Always had thin fine hair, but after a perm at that age it was different. Had all the tests and nothing was found. It was really bad for a few years after I had my kids(early 30's), but is better now. I will never have a huge head of hair like most women. If nothing is found amiss, there is a product called FNS, first used as a wound healer. It is not a chemical like Rogaine etc. Will always help better if the hair loss is recent. I really like the shampoo also, but both products are expensive. It can be found at Osmotics.com. Good luck!

11. perennial

perennial Well-Known Member

I know I recently read about a women who had significant hair loss and couldn't figure it out and after testing from a doctor she found that she had been eating too much of certain types of fish like tuna (not sure of other ones) that were contanimated or high in mercury. Some fish is great for you, but eating certain ones every day and pose a problem - that's what I read.

brural

12. doc623

doc623 Well-Known Member

I appreciate the input and/or suggestions.
    I see more information is indicated - sorry I left it out before.
    Has been checked by a doctor.
    1. No heredity component - no known history of relatives.
    2. No disease processes - blood studies including thryroid and hormone levers
    are normal.
    3. No infections or other underlying disease processes.
    4. No bolemia or anorexia.
    5. No excessive of one food type consumption.
    6. No known allergies to soaps/shampoos and or etc.
    7. Has not recently changed any household porducts.
    I would not start with a clensing of supplementation of any type without first having an indication as to a possible underlying cause as this would be irresponsible.
    Thanks again for your responses.
    Any other thoughts or resommendations.

13. trailblazer

trailblazer Member

"I would not start with a clensing of supplementation of any type without first having an indication as to a possible underlying cause as this would be irresponsible."

Sounds like you are worried about being irresponsible so asking for a medical diagnosis on a forum could be considered irresponsible.

If you want an alt med diagnosis, go to an alt med doctor. The purpose of forums are for people who know what their issue is and want alternative answers to help them do research. It sounds like you don't have a clue what is wrong with you. My suggestion is that you have diagnostic tests done such as hair analysis or vitamin analysis. Just for the record, an herbal cleanse is harmless.
    Just m.o.! :)

14. doc623

doc623 Well-Known Member

Trailblazer
    I am not asking for a medical analysis.
    I am not worried about being irresponisble that is your assumption
    and is incorrect.
    The herbal cleanse is not a diagnosis but a remedy/therapy and not a diagnosis.
    If I knew/had a difinitative diagnois/reason for the hair loss then I could address
    the cause.
    At no time did I say as to what type of therapy traditional or
    alternative.
    I was am interested in what the members thoughts on the subject
    is and I have thanked them for their input.
    An herbal cleanse is not harmless nor a cure all.
    It would be irresponsible to undertake any form of therapy without
    the underlying cause.
    I have and am considering hair and vitamin analysis.
    any other constructive information?

15. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Friend about 30 years old,hair coming out in clumps,had a very stressful job.Quit job,career change,hair came back.Stress can be a biggy in hair loss.
    BooBoo

16. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

As for cleansing the organs, just ask your doctor if it's okay. If he or she has a problem with the ingredients, don't do it. Cleanses generally involve olive oil, grapefruit, parsley, apple juice, that sort of thing. You want to do the colon first, then the kidneys, then the liver.

Lavender essential oil has been shown to lessen hair loss. You can order it through the mail. I order mine through Camden Grey (www.essentialoil.net) but my sister orders through Young Living (www.youngliving.com, I think). Just dilute it and rub it on your scalp.

I also make soap, but I give most of it away. You would want an olive oil based soap with lavender essential oil. My customers and friends who wash their hair with my soap (regardless of the essential oils added) report wonderful results. My recipe includeds olive oil, coconut oil, and castor oil. Castor oil gives a nice shampoo like lather.

17. bonnie in indiana

bonnie in indiana Well-Known Member

I took extra Vitimin A for night blindness-----worked great for the vision, but the hair fell out.

Found out by shooting the breeze with the pharmisist.

18. Marcee

Marcee Active Member

my sister went through a bad sickness (like a flu) with a high fever, and she was an adult at the time (in college). three months later, more or less, her hair started falling out in huge clumps. we were worried as we have alopecia in our family, due to autoimmune disorder/thyroid problems. however, it was determined that the fever caused it. eventually, it stopped falling out and grew back in. it has been fine ever since.

wheat/gluten allergy is something to consider.

also, it depends upon what she is like, personality wise, etc., but has she always had thinner hair? homeopathy could help, and natrum muriaticum came to mind first thing, but again, this depends upon the entire picture.

likewise if she has taken any medication it could be that, even if it isn't one of the side effects. this happened to me, and when i quit the medicine, my hair loss stopped and it started growing back.

19. Ladyhen

Ladyhen Well-Known Member

I am appreciating the responses given here, as I have this same issue. I am 27 years old and my hair has been thinning since I was in high school. It was beautiful when I was pregnant with my daughter, but since then (she's 3 now), it is horribly thin. I hate it. I'll go through these posts and see if I can implement any of the ideas.

20. Ken in Minn

Ken in Minn Well-Known Member

Hello
    Try useing a good home made soap. I have had very good feed back from several people that is useing mine. I have only been making home-made soap for about 3 yrs. It has done wonders on my own scalp.
    Yes by all means check with your doctor and make sure their is no other problems.
    A lot of the problems in our sociaty is all the petro-chemicals that are used.
    Our soap has no petro-chemical. All natural oils, because we care.

Ken in Minn
    www.soycandleworks.com