Haggis's Emily

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Christina R., Jan 12, 2007.

1. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

I've debated about posting this, but decided to go ahead. Many of you know Emily from the various health and prayer updates on this forum. I wanted to let you know something from the personal side.

Upon arriving at my classroom this past Monday I was pleasantly surprised and completely blessed to see an envelope marked with her return address. This absolutely wonderful woman had spent many hours of energy, even though she has had to struggle to teach herself how to rewrite amoungst things, sending an individual card to each of my students thanking them for their thoughts and prayers. She even went above and beyond to include a few extra cards in case she had "missed any".

I know, for me, it led to instant tears, then more tears as I passed them out to the students during our daily prayer time. It also led to purposing in my heart that I would follow her self sacrificial example as I continue to live my life. By that I mean not counting the cost when it means going out of the way to bless someone or show them how appreciative I am. I know it also planted seeds in my students. Emily has become one more precious role model in their lives and in mine.

I know Emily is already treasured by so many of you; now you have an even greater glimpse into the caliber of woman that we have come to know and love through these posts. As far as Haggis and herself... all I can say is the apple usually doesn't fall too far from the tree.

2. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

How sweet! Thank you so much for letting us know! First...that she wrote the letters...but mostly because she was ABLE to write the letters! I have wanted to know how she was doing..but was afraid to ask and bother Haggis! Will say a prayer for that precious young woman today! Haggis and "herself"...with plenty of the Lord's help...did a tremendous job in raising that young women!

3. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

thats so sweet!! I bet the kids loved getting those letters!! I've been wondering how Emilys doing also.. hopefully everythings going well!

4. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

What a dear, sweet girl she is. Haggis, you and the Mrs have done an incredible job with your family. God bless you all!