had twin buckilngs born last night

Discussion in 'Goats' started by debitaber, Feb 15, 2005.

1. debitaber

debitaber Well-Known Member

kidding season has started. with twin boys , at 10 1/2 pounds, and 12 pounds.
    I named them cupid and arrow. their parents, anre pure breed, nubians.

2. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Big Boys!!!

Sounds like a buck year ..... for most on here...I'm hoping the luck changes by the time mine kid at the end of April!

3. debitaber

me too. I have several more to go, and I hope this turns around. I need girls, not boys. I will sell these two soon, as I can't use them. but the yare fine looking.

4. elly_may

elly_may Well-Known Member

I talked with my two does today that are due in April and May and put my orders in for all girls too :haha: Now, just wait and see if they comply with my request. I don't need bucks either, but I guess like children - as long as they are healthy !

5. debitaber

your right Trish, as long as they are healthy. But I have told my girls, I want girls, no boys, thank you, and what did I get? boys. Well, I guess I will just have to see what the rest of them have. I hope that they are girls.

6. Jen H

Jen H Well-Known Member

You know how contrary goats are. As soon as you actually want them to do something they do the exact opposite.

Here's hoping you get some does, and congratulations on the healthy bucklings!

7. debitaber

your right Trish, as long as they are healthy. But I have told my girls, I want girls, no boys, thank you, and what did I get? boys. Well, I guess I will just have to see what the rest of them have. I hope that they are girls.

8. Eunice

Eunice Well-Known Member

We started with a buck and a doe on the first kidding and have two more in about two weeks. I prefer the doe kids, but we have a great market for wethers if we are willing go get them up to fifty pounds. I really am hoping to raise orphan lambs on my extra goat milk. My daughter's FFA advisor told her that she was the only one that could get orphan lambs up to show weight.

9. Hank - Narita

Hank - Narita Well-Known Member

We told our girls to only have bucks. They grow bigger and sell better for meat. We don't intend to milk any more than these 2 does. They are Alpines so I am sure they will listen to my every word.

10. debitaber

hank-narita, well good luck, it seems like when I tell them girls I get boys, if I say boys I get girls. so you just never know.