Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I hate to throw anything away :nono: and I was putting in the electric fence when I came to the part of having to mount the charger box. I was at a standstill.... I knew it had to stay dry but, it was going to be mounted to a pole outside. I didn't want to spend a day building a wooden box that with my luck would leak and my father-in-law told me to go to Lowes and buy a box made for that reason but then that means spending more money. So I went looking at all my stuff that was hanging around "BECAUSE one day I might use it" and low and behold lookie :dance: what I found and came up with to keep the box dry. I'm so proud and hubby was just blown away. He said I was so smart:hobbyhors
[/IMG]

an old igloo cooler that we had used til it was beat but, still water proof
[/IMG]
drilled a hole in the bottom to pull the extention cord through so that would stay dry too and used canning lids as washers so the screws wouldn't pull through. poof! a water proof box. I guess I could have cleaned it first :rolleyes:

·
Knitting Rocks!
5,783 Posts
I like your style!
Always knew all those canning jar lids I have hanging around were good for something...
I will be putting up a fence charger soon, you may have given me a good idea!
I dont throw much away either, cause as soon as you do, it would be the perfect 'thing' to do something or another!

·
Not a Cannibal
358 Posts
So smart I might just have to claim I came up with it.

T

·
0 Posts
Wonderful idea!!!

And if you're out working it'll keep your beer cold until you need a break! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts