had to Gloat

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Unregistered-1427815803, Jun 4, 2004.

1. My wife just handed me a hot slice of blackberry pie and an ice cold glass of half and half. She and baby girl picked the berrys this morning
    (first ripe berrys of the season). It's a good day on the homestead.

Travis

2. Torch

Torch Well-Known Member

In the piney woods of the great state of Texas.
    Braggart!!! Can I have some??? (not the half and half, yuck! I don't even like whole milk)

3. I'm about to plant rows of blueberries and raspberries. Are your blaclberries cultivated or wild?
    If cultivated, any tips?
    thx,
    deb

4. sorry, can't help ya there. These are all wild berrys. wife and baby girl picked enough for another pie this morning. mmmmmmmm

5. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

Well, I just had home made blueberry pie. [​IMG]

Heehee

Our blackberries will not be ready for about 3 weeks. We always have some for the forth of July. :)

6. apirlawz

apirlawz playing in the dirt

awww maaan!! I just planted everything this year...I won't get to do all that 'til next summer!! :waa:

Lucky dawgs!! :p

Sure hope ya'll don't feel guilty or anything.... :haha:

green with envy,
    April

7. adofus

adofus Member

I just put up a case of black raspberry jelly this afternoon...They came early this year. You sure that you had blackberries? Mine won't be ripe for about 3-4 more weeks. Generally black raspberries ripen a few weeks earlier, are smaller, and generally not as sweet.

8. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

He may be in a different part of the country.

9. I think they might be dew berrys instead of blackberrys. They are early here to be blackberrys but they were growing in bushs instead of on the ground like I normally find dew berrys. These are bigger than normal blackberrys and are super sweet. They were growing next to our driveway on the south facing side of the hill so I thought with all the direct sun light they might just be early blackberrys. What ever they are they are gooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!
    p.s. we are in south missouri. ozark county.

Travis