Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife just handed me a hot slice of blackberry pie and an ice cold glass of half and half. She and baby girl picked the berrys this morning
(first ripe berrys of the season). It's a good day on the homestead.

Travis

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm about to plant rows of blueberries and raspberries. Are your blaclberries cultivated or wild?
If cultivated, any tips?
thx,
deb

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, can't help ya there. These are all wild berrys. wife and baby girl picked enough for another pie this morning. mmmmmmmm

·
playing in the dirt
281 Posts
awww maaan!! I just planted everything this year...I won't get to do all that 'til next summer!! :waa:

Lucky dawgs!! :p

Sure hope ya'll don't feel guilty or anything.... :haha:

green with envy,
April

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just put up a case of black raspberry jelly this afternoon...They came early this year. You sure that you had blackberries? Mine won't be ripe for about 3-4 more weeks. Generally black raspberries ripen a few weeks earlier, are smaller, and generally not as sweet.

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think they might be dew berrys instead of blackberrys. They are early here to be blackberrys but they were growing in bushs instead of on the ground like I normally find dew berrys. These are bigger than normal blackberrys and are super sweet. They were growing next to our driveway on the south facing side of the hill so I thought with all the direct sun light they might just be early blackberrys. What ever they are they are gooooooooooooood!!!!!!!!!!!
p.s. we are in south missouri. ozark county.

Travis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts