Homesteading Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
9,404 Posts
I have an in law that lives in Illinois. No rifles there. The game warden told him the state is too flat and if you miss your rabbit that bullet will sail until it goes thru a window.
The game warden said that with a straight face too....

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Some flat places you can hunt with a rifle but only from an elevated stand.

·
Super Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
any thing you can hit with a shot gun you could hit with a rifle with greater ease

however the new Sabot slugs make a real step in closing the gap between rifle and shotgun.

slugs still make better blood trails

·
Registered
9,404 Posts
I had to run a couple of guys running dogs off my property this morning. I bounced my atv around in the woods long enough they knew they weren't alone. They were nice enough to move along. I sat for about 10 minutes and then put a 45 into a tree. I figured that was 40 cents to send them an instagram or 44 cents to mail them a letter.
In spite of the ammo run, it was money well spent.

·
Super Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
45 cents was your cost replacement cost may be more like $1.00 but not huge.

just don't be like my old boss , he would tear off on the 3 wheeler then spin circles shooting in the air with an AK like some Jihadis this was years before we even saw that behavior on the tv. trespassers never came back and probably had some interesting stories.

then he had a leak in his roof , low and behold it was a 7.62 sized leak the bullet had the energy to come down through the shingles and plywood but was caught in the insulation and never punched the drywall ceiling.

·
Registered
9,404 Posts
Some contractors have been working on a house down the road and I guess a few of the boys decided it was bring your ***** to work day. Their dogs set off my dogs and then rifle shots got me out from behind my desk.
I have been with friends when they confronted folks who weren't were they should be and they usually treated them politely.
I prefer to be the guy with strangers that they can't decide if I manufacture drugs and bury bodies or I'm just an old crank.
Anyway, I drove down to the house and gave out some deer meat and acted sociable. Nice fellas who didn't know where they were.
It's Christmas and I told them I felt bad for scaring them but I'm glad I missed.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts