Gun deer opener pics

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Nick53, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Nick53

Nick53 Well-Known Member

Here's a couple pics from this past saturday. It was the gun deer season opener up here in Wisconsin. Turned out to be a good saturday morning for my hunting party. I got a decent 11 pointer, my dad got a 7 pointer, and a friend of ours got a small six. The 11 pt was 165 lbs and the 7 was 112 field dressed. I'm not sure what the six was. It was definately the most successful opener that any of us could remember. Enjoy.

Nick

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Wow! That little six pointer is still alive isn't it? Now that's catching a deer! :)

3. boonieman

boonieman Well-Known Member

Congrats on the great opening day! Just wondering what kind of terrain you hunt in up there. I have a mental picture of fairly flat ground, but I've never been there.

4. Nick53

Nick53 Well-Known Member

Boonieman the terrain where I hunt is a mix of rolling fields and a hill/pothole type woods. I'm on the northern end of what's known as the kettle moraine in eastern wisconsin. Some pretty steep hills and potholes and moraines. Ten or fifteen miles north of me and the terrain changes to pretty flat farm fields and woodlots. I'm going back out tomorrow to try to fill my doe tags so I'll try to remember to take the camera into the woods and take some pics of the land where I hunt.

Nick