Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all~

My chihuahua poochie got into some gum somewhere....

he has it on all 4 feet, up to his front ummm ?elbows?, on his cheek and chin....

I tried peanut butter on the feet and it helped some but he didnt like me to hold onto him and rub his feet so I took him to the kitchen sink and washed out the PB....

besides just letting him wear it and slowly chew it off, do you have any ideas?

Rachel

·
Registered
390 Posts
What a mess this is/will be!! :rolleyes: I would get the area w/ gum on it wet, and try to 'gently' brush it out with a brush. (old tooth brush would probably work best) Have you tried giving it a good ol' bath and srubbin'? Or....it could be time for a new hair cut and hair do! LOL! Hope this helps! :):D

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
38,813 Posts
Peanut butter. Rub it in all the gummy areas. Then, you can work the gum off the hair gradually.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bean is a semi-longhaired chihuahua....his hair isnt very long to begin with on most of his body though his ears have long tufts behind them....

the gum has gotten dirty so it isnt like he is stringing it anywhere

the PB that I already tried was a mess! I hate having to use PB but on 2 feet he had 2 toes fused together with gum...it is mostly on the back of the area from fetlock (thankyou Mitch) to foot and between the pads on his feet....he did NOT like being held still to massage the PB....he doesnt care for his feet being messed with! though he will tolerate it for short amounts of time...

maybe later I will do the PB again.

I am blaming DH as he has been the gum chewer around here....he will say that Bean is my dog and therefore my fault....we jokingly go back and forth trying to find out ultimately whose fault it is....somehow his mind is sharper than mine and I always get outwitted. LOL

·
Premium Member
6,374 Posts
I've had luck using nail polish remover to get ground-in gum out of fabric before (wild neighbor children, sigh). I'd be really careful not to get it near his face, and open a window so the little guy can have fresh air.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts