Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Guinea hogs make up the bloodline of Florida's wild pigs. Two of my sows look a lot like the Guinea and last season's boar resembled them also. I'm not thrilled about that since the Guinea ears have been a huge pain to overcome in my bloodlines. As for pure lines, probably in some private collections. I know they are in zoos as well. They are considered a rare breed. This link will show you some of my wild pigs. My pigs

·
Registered
847 Posts
Tango said:
Guinea hogs make up the bloodline of Florida's wild pigs. Two of my sows look a lot like the Guinea and last season's boar resembled them also. I'm not thrilled about that since the Guinea ears have been a huge pain to overcome in my bloodlines. As for pure lines, probably in some private collections. I know they are in zoos as well. They are considered a rare breed. This link will show you some of my wild pigs. My pigs
Hot link is not working.
Be safe and take care.

Dennis

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
uncle Will in In. said:
What is the average size litter of guinea pigs can one expect from a guinea sow?
Well my guinea-looking sows threw some hamster-looking pigs but no guinea pigs :)

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Siryet said:
Hot link is not working.
Be safe and take care.

Dennis
Sorry about that. Looks like it is still not working. Wonder if that server is in the Bahamas?

·
(formerly Laura Jensen)
2,479 Posts
There's a very nice guy in Ohio named Randy Setty. He's very much into Guinea Hogs, and is very enthusiastic about anyone who wants to breed them. He can put you in touch with other breeders to keep the bloodlines adequately diverse. Here's a link to his website: http://www.agrisupportonline.com/home/guinea_forest_hogs.htm . Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts