Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opened up the barn door this morning and what should appear? Baby Bunnies! After long anticipation, we finally have our first nest of rabbits. We found 3 alive and 2 dead. We are sure there are more, but momma hopped into the nest box and was not going to leave. She was still carrying around fur and straw in her mouth. Does this mean she was still giving birth, or was she just finishing up her nest? Thanks for everyone's advice so far, it relieved a lot of our stress and nervousness. I feel like a grandma!

- Jess

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nothing like your first litter. Check your nest boxes frequently, you will know soon enough if she is done kindling. Most kindle pretty qickly so she is probably done.

:) :) :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
jessandcody said:
Opened up the barn door this morning and what should appear? Baby Bunnies! After long anticipation, we finally have our first nest of rabbits. We found 3 alive and 2 dead. We are sure there are more, but momma hopped into the nest box and was not going to leave. She was still carrying around fur and straw in her mouth. Does this mean she was still giving birth, or was she just finishing up her nest? Thanks for everyone's advice so far, it relieved a lot of our stress and nervousness. I feel like a grandma!

- Jess
So exciting your first litter. I can still remember how happy we had our 1st litter arrive, it was such a great feeling of accomplishment too. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts