Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
Looks to me like a Charolais crossed with some red or yellow hided critter.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tinknal said:
Looks to me like a Charolais crossed with some red or yellow hided critter.
Charolais was my first guess too, because they do raise beef as well, but my sister says her sire was a scotch highland and the mother a Jersey.....I think she will look real funny in the milk barn when she is older.....

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
She looks more golden that that in the picture.

She should be a very good milk cow though.

Both those breeds are good milkers.

·
Premium Member
17,383 Posts
sugarbush said:
Charolais was my first guess too, because they do raise beef as well, but my sister says her sire was a scotch highland and the mother a Jersey.....I think she will look real funny in the milk barn when she is older.....
Yeah, now that you mention it I can see that.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
luvrulz said:
Lexington gets that much snow? I am not too far from there and we've never (til now!) seen that much snow! Nice photos!!
Uhhh no......I am a transplant, the pics are my sister's farm in Vermont.....her calf also..... the farm's for sale, but will probably be sold to a developer for condos.....mountian in the background is Burke mountian, ski resort. They will be moving their milking operation to a less desirable farm after the sale.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.